Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have read a lot of threads and know about the need for the heated steering wheel, the folding mirrors but here a couple from me.

#1 I know there is the drive shaft tunnel but what else is the bulky under rear seat useless plastic seat support hiding? OK, the seat has to rest on something but to me just a plastic frame under the outer edge would be adequate leaving a larger space. Is there an after market solution for this?

#2 The rear window, as many have stated, is useless as per accessiblity from the front seats. The window opens and close east and west, why not have them open and close north south? Seems to me a simple worm gear and small motor would work with a switch on the dash.

Just a couple of ideas I thought I would throw out, maybe Ford might read them
Sponsored

RunBeerFish

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Substation Electrician
#1 I'm interested in this, it would be awesome to put 2 10"s in that space.

#2 I noticed how useless the rear slider was, so I opted out of that option.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I have read a lot of threads and know about the need for the heated steering wheel, the folding mirrors but here a couple from me.

#1 I know there is the drive shaft tunnel but what else is the bulky under rear seat useless plastic seat support hiding? OK, the seat has to rest on something but to me just a plastic frame under the outer edge would be adequate leaving a larger space. Is there an after market solution for this?

My Tundra (the vehicle before the Ranger) didn't require a support for the rear seat in front of the seat so there was lots of storage room under the seat. I too would be also interested in any aftermarket solution.

#2 The rear window, as many have stated, is useless as per accessiblity from the front seats. The window opens and close east and west, why not have them open and close north south? Seems to me a simple worm gear and small motor would work with a switch on the dash.

Agreed. I would be just as happy with just a solid glass for the rear window.

Just a couple of ideas I thought I would throw out, maybe Ford might read them
Sponsored