What color tailgate letters would look best on cactus grey?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Black goe's good with almost any color. I like the black letters especially because they match my black bumpers and the rest of my black STX trim.

View 2.jpg

View 3.jpg

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Black go's good with almost any color. I like the black letters especially because they match my black bumpers and the rest my black STX trim.

View 2.jpg

View 3.jpg
I went with black too. I really wanted the USA Flag letters but I thought they'd really clash with the Saber color.

IMG_1442.jpg

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I went with black too. I really wanted the USA Flag letters but I thought they'd really clash with the Saber color.

IMG_1442.jpg
I really liked the patriotic look too but same with me...felt it was not compatible with the Saber Orange.

Last edited:

clarencecdavis

First Name
davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGE
Occupation
DOCTOR
I bought tailgate letters from Jhazeauto.I bought these cause I liked the look. Did it come with prep pad or alcohol prep wipes? No! But the product is very good so far. I washed and rinsed the whole tailgate. Let dry for an hour then I used my own alcohol to rub in the letters of the truck. I let that dry then I applied each letter with good pressure for the best seal. I’ve had them for two weeks and I’ve been through the car wash. No issues at all. Bu I will report back if any.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I bought tailgate letters from Jhazeauto.I bought these cause I liked the look. Did it come with prep pad or alcohol prep wipes? No! But the product is very good so far. I washed and rinsed the whole tailgate. Let dry for an hour then I used my own alcohol to rub in the letters of the truck. I let that dry then I applied each letter with good pressure for the best seal. I’ve had them for two weeks and I’ve been through the car wash. No issues at all. Bu I will report back if any.
I agree with you that preparation and application are important. I cleaned the letter recesses twice with a 50% Isopropyl alcohol and distilled water mix to strip away wax, rinsed and dried with a microfiber towel. Attached all the letters temporarily then went back and adjusted each one to get them straight. The "N" was a little more difficult to straighten than the others but no issues so far.

1678710067449.png