Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 Ranger XL Supercab with 2500 miles on the odo and I have a question. When I turn right from a stop sign a grinding noise and a sort of stumble comes from the front end. It feels like the antilock is kicking in and it happens when the right front wheel is coming up out of the gutter. Also, the other day it did it as I was making a left turn on level pavement. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Was your truck modded by the dealer with larger tires? This sounds like tire clashing with crash bar when turned near full lock...

OP
OP
Rocketeer61

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Was your truck modded by the dealer with larger tires? This sounds like tire clashing with crash bar when turned near full lock...
Nope, stock tires and wheels that come with the STX package.

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
I assume it’s not in 4H drive mode? (As most know it can be pretty easy to accidentally hit the dial/knob to put into 4x4 mode).

OP
OP
Rocketeer61

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I assume it’s not in 4H drive mode? (As most know it can be pretty easy to accidentally hit the dial/knob to put into 4x4 mode).
Nope, not that either.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 Ranger XL Supercab with 2500 miles on the odo and I have a question. When I turn right from a stop sign a grinding noise and a sort of stumble comes from the front end. It feels like the antilock is kicking in and it happens when the right front wheel is coming up out of the gutter. Also, the other day it did it as I was making a left turn on level pavement. Any thoughts?
Hi Bill,

Not getting the stumble portion of this...weird. Is the truck lifted or leveled with stock wheels and tires? One thing I would check on this grinding condition is the brake disk dust shields It is an easy check of both front wheels...

Since it sounds like you can replicate this on left turns, might be time to get the dealer involved.

Good Luck!
Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored