Sponsored

Weird audio issue!!

TheAngryBear

New Member
First Name
Nicholas
Joined
Sep 20, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
QLD
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Wildtrak PX3
Occupation
Naval Architect
Hello all! I am at a loss. I have installed a subwoofer/amp combo unit behind the back seat on the rear bulkhead on my Wildtrak. The issue is that the unit suffers terrible feedback when the car is running and it stops the moment you open any door. It doesn't stop if you only open a window, you have to open a door for it to stop. The moment you close the door, it starts again. Any help, guidance etc. would be much appreciated. It works fine when the car is not running.
Sponsored

 

airline tech

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2022
Threads
28
Messages
4,661
Reaction score
8,935
Location
Midwest - KS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I suspect it’s ANC , Active Noise Canceling- you can disable it with Forscan - the door opening turns it off and when you close the door it enables.
It’s the microphone above your head - picking up the sub and the system is trying to cancel the perceived noise.
 
Last edited:

airline tech

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2022
Threads
28
Messages
4,661
Reaction score
8,935
Location
Midwest - KS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Since you have a Wildtrak

Look for - DACMC - Digital Audio Control Module in Forscan

Find: Engine Sound Enhancement and - Disable it.

I think you do not have a ACM (Not Sure) and its located in the DACMC instead.

Anyway - I think this specific setting is causing the distortion
 

Dr. Zaius

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dennis
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
7,114
Reaction score
43,531
Location
Living The Dream
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
When I first installed a sub in my truck, the fake engine noise was its favorite song.

Removing the engine noise with Forscan finally allowed the sub to be useable.
Sponsored

 
 








Top