Ranger audio capabilities are actually decent

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
So I went to yearly housing fair with the wife. But before going I signed up to Tidal Hi-Fi for the trip since I've got bored with the same old radio stations where they just yap about nothing while spoiling the music in-between.

So I plugged the phone in, started a stream and drove off. From the beginning I noticed that the music quality coming from the speakers is actually good. Not some bass porridge as with all the radio stations, who seem to think that poor quality is the new norm.

At the mid point I tuned the radio station porridge removal equalizer settings to neutral and the audio quality became excellent.

Have to say that most of the audio hardware seems to work nicely, but the FM tuner output seems to be.. bad. Like suck. Totally. Considering that with a decent dedicated Sony tuner the same radio stations sound reasonably accurate, although you need to drop the levels and bass, the Ford tuner seems to fail miserably.

To me it sounds like it's running constant "bass boost" & "loudness" instead of running direct audio and those get bypassed by the direct line from android auto.

Anyway, getting the Tidal seems to be a huge improvement.
Sponsored