RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Jason @yamahaSHO mentioned earlier the cost of EV's. This is a good article showing the difference between two lower priced vehicles one being ICE and the other EV.

Spoiler the EV will cost you much more to own. Trust me I'm "all for saving the planet" but I'm also "all for saving my wallet" more. I'm sure many out there feel the same and $13,000 isn't chump change.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/5-hidden-costs-electric-vehicles-120044343.html
The same arguments apply to ICEs as well. People spend ridiculous amounts of money to get better MPG when that differential will never even come close to being paid back. You can buy an AWFUL lot of gas for $13,000. :)
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The same arguments apply to ICEs as well. People spend ridiculous amounts of money to get better MPG when that differential will never even come close to being paid back. You can buy an AWFUL lot of gas for $13,000. :)
That's why they compared a $35,000 ICE vehicle and not a $60,000 one. Budget ICE to a Budget EV which seems very even for that article. I'd question it if they compared a higher end Tesla then we could say he was skewing the numbers to fit his agenda. :wink:

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
But can it buy you a replacement battery in 5 years of driving?

DeathRanger

First Name
Peyton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
All I know is my personal experience. bought 1st electric vehicle in 2019 without knowing anything about them. since then it's been driven 160k miles and 0 maintenance has been required. Bought a 2nd in early 2022 when career change had me driving alot for work and another EV made perfect sense.

I think EV's are great for high mileage drivers that need their vehicle to just work and not require lots of care and maintenance.

A Chevy BOLT EUV starts at about $26,000 and a nissan leaf is around $29,000. A base Tesla model 3 starts at $40,000
Sponsored