First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat RWD, 2019 Lincoln Nautilus
Occupation
Retired
Recently, I have been having persons I talk to over Bluetooth in my 2019 Ranger complain that the echo of their own voice is so loud and distracting that they can't continue on with the conversation. Everything sounds fine on my end, and I can not hear any echo at all. This has not always been the case, and has just recently started happening.
I am on SYNC3 v3.4.20282, and am using an Android Google Pixel 5 phone on AT&T wireless. Once I switch my phone from Bluetooth to phone speaker, I can then continue the conversation with no problems.
Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, is there a solution?
Thank you in advance for any input you may have to alleviate this problem.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tberto

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Tech Shaman
iPhone on TMobile same issue. Conversation starts fine and over the length of the call, I’m told they can hear themselves. I’ve also gotten robotic choppiness during calls that can come and go.

I know 2 people who have 2021 Explorers and they are experiencing exact same issue. I’m assuming it’s a SYNC3 issue. Pretty horrible in my opinion. CarPlay mic volume too low for people to hear me and BlueTooth introduces echo. $40k truck and you can’t make calls in it. ?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I want to say I've heard something about this and a temporary workaround is using CarPlay. Don't quote me on that though, I haven't skimmed the service bulletin items lately.
Sponsored