Anyone else's music occasionally skip when connected to Bluetooth/phone??

CP0861

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
I've noticed this off and on since day 1. I normally listen to Amazon music or Pandora through bluetooth connection to my phone. I have a Samsung S22+ phone.

Often, the song skips. It's just a second, or probably just a fraction of a second. Just enough to be noticeable. Doesn't happen every song, maybe not even every other song, but still regularly. Every 10-15 minutes probably.

Anyone else ever notice this? I've been listening to my phone this way for years with multiple other vehicles....even used to use a cheap doohickey that connected to my phone and played through a fm station.....and through other bluetooth usage (I also use my portable little bose all the time - killer gift idea btw lol), I have never noticed any skip before.

TIA
Sponsored

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
I notice this occasionally but have in other past vehicles as well. It’s typically either interference between your device and the vehicle’s Bluetooth connection or more likely your internet connection dropping packets or slowing down & needing a moment to catch up with the stream (UDP transfer). Google UDP vs TCP* for more info on the streaming side.

RCAB23

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Mech. Eng.
Yea I don’t always plug in to apple car play and I use Bluetooth a lot. It happens all the time for me on my iPhone and it’s annoying when I’m singing a lot and that messes me up haha

ccasanova22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Tremor
Happens to me even on files saved to the phone, so Bluetooth interference is most likely the culprit. The phone can’t go “back in time” and re-send what was lost, it is a stream, just like OTA or Satellite TV. So if data is lost it just continues on, hence the skipping.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Just for the first few seconds of the first song when starting Pandora thru blue tooth.

OP
OP

CP0861

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I notice this occasionally but have in other past vehicles as well. It’s typically either interference between your device and the vehicle’s Bluetooth connection or more likely your internet connection dropping packets or slowing down & needing a moment to catch up with the stream (UDP transfer). Google UDP vs TCP* for more info on the streaming side.
I'll have to pay more attention to my reception when it happens.....so far, I just feel like it's random and happens anywhere/anytime.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
It's happened to me since day one, I don't feel as If it's reception related because it only happens with pandora.. doesn't happen with YouTube.

YouTube however... the sound/image isn't quite linked up. There's a good 2 second delay before the audio comes in.

ccasanova22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Tremor
Try playing a WAV file and disable any settings on your phone that may add latency (audio processing, ReplayGain, EQ, etc). Mine still skips and the only thing I have on is Sound Check which is auto level control…

Oddly enough mine never skips when using Bluetooth with another car, but it’s got a lot less RF generating devices than the Ranger.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
I hear the sk p sometimes. I think it's technology in general. That's why I'll never buy a car that drives itself.
One delayed signal to turn, no biggie!

OP
OP

CP0861

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try playing a WAV file and disable any settings on your phone that may add latency (audio processing, ReplayGain, EQ, etc). Mine still skips and the only thing I have on is Sound Check which is auto level control…

Oddly enough mine never skips when using Bluetooth with another car, but it’s got a lot less RF generating devices than the Ranger.
Same...and I think that's what makes it stand out so much. I listen to bluetooth music all the time....on good speakers, cheap speakers and in a few different vehicles with both stock and aftermarket head units. I've experienced lag, pauses and delays on those, but have never heard or experienced anything comparable to the skip. I definitely feel like it's specific to the Ranger....for whatever reason.

Ranger X

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver Ranger Sport 4x4
I hear it all the time while using Car Play, drives me crazy. Also, lately the screen will completely shut down and re boot itself, ugh.... and yes I have the current update.

HotChili

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger XLT,18 CX5, 08 Corvette, Zink19/Yamaha,
Occupation
Fabricator/designer
Mine has just started this about a month ago. The first song, either from Pandora or VLC media player, will play for about 5 seconds then start skipping. I have to hit pause, either on the truck or the phone, for a few seconds and all is good again.

Edit: This started before the software upgrade (I was hoping that would fix it) and I have unpaired/re-paired the phone and re-installed Pandora... no luck.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I've noticed this off and on since day 1. I normally listen to Amazon music or Pandora through bluetooth connection to my phone. I have a Samsung S22+ phone.

Often, the song skips. It's just a second, or probably just a fraction of a second. Just enough to be noticeable. Doesn't happen every song, maybe not even every other song, but still regularly. Every 10-15 minutes probably.

Anyone else ever notice this? I've been listening to my phone this way for years with multiple other vehicles....even used to use a cheap doohickey that connected to my phone and played through a fm station.....and through other bluetooth usage (I also use my portable little bose all the time - killer gift idea btw lol), I have never noticed any skip before.

TIA
In my XL 101A truck, I never have an issue with my Bluetooth music, it's set up like this:

1675277112701.png
Sponsored