VIDEO: Virginia to Montana

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Lariat, color Saber, all the bells and whistles
Occupation
Retired
Vince, Thank You for an awesome video, do not know who enjoyed your adventure more, you or the dogs lol. I hope you have many more adventures in your Ranger, it certainly appears to have proven itself in any condition. "So many roads, so little time" enjoy as many miles as you can.

Tiny

OP
OP
RangerVA

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Vince, Thank You for an awesome video, do not know who enjoyed your adventure more, you or the dogs lol. I hope you have many more adventures in your Ranger, it certainly appears to have proven itself in any condition. "So many roads, so little time" enjoy as many miles as you can.

Tiny
Thanks so much, Tiny! Firstly, for checking out the video and secondly for giving a shout out to my two dogs. I can tell you they certainly enjoyed the trip, but I’d be a fool not to tell you that since being home, they’ve been back to their no good selves of being couch hogs (at least the Ridgeback, the GSD has more discipline ??).

OP
OP
RangerVA

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Video says unavailable ?
Might be something with your settings? The video is public and it’s getting views. Try a different browser, maybe?

GtownRanger

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Engineer
Might be something with your settings? The video is public and it’s getting views. Try a different browser, maybe?
Finally got it . Beauty video man thanks for sharing with us . Some beautiful country you have there . I will make my way down there one day in the Ranger when the borders open. Nice rig you have there and it looked like it performed well . The more I drive off-road in the Ranger the more I learn and trust this truck it’s pretty darn tough and capable even with the stock ( shout out to Phil) FX4 suspension I’ve been through some tough terrain. I run 33s as well and I get being apprehensive when the going gets really tough and you’re alone. Travelling in that terrain with your dogs must have been epic . I spent many a day and night in the bush with my two Weimaraner's .
Once again
Ford Tough

Jeff

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Lariat, color Saber, all the bells and whistles
Occupation
Retired
Thanks so much, Tiny! Firstly, for checking out the video and secondly for giving a shout out to my two dogs. I can tell you they certainly enjoyed the trip, but I’d be a fool not to tell you that since being home, they’ve been back to their no good selves of being couch hogs (at least the Ridgeback, the GSD has more discipline ??).
Know what you mean about couch hogs, my 19lb 12 year old Boston Terrier has a blanket on every chair and couch in the house and flops down wherever she wants. Where in VA are you from, I am moving to VA Beach next month?

OP
OP
RangerVA

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got it . Beauty video man thanks for sharing with us . Some beautiful country you have there . I will make my way down there one day in the Ranger when the borders open. Nice rig you have there and it looked like it performed well . The more I drive off-road in the Ranger the more I learn and trust this truck it’s pretty darn tough and capable even with the stock ( shout out to Phil) FX4 suspension I’ve been through some tough terrain. I run 33s as well and I get being apprehensive when the going gets really tough and you’re alone. Travelling in that terrain with your dogs must have been epic . I spent many a day and night in the bush with my two Weimaraner's .
Once again
Ford Tough

Jeff
Thanks, Jeff! I have been very happy with the Ranger’s off road performance. I feel it provides a lot of driver control in tough situations and it is quite a capable truck. There were a few other spots that I went through in separate locations on my trip that were tougher than what is shown in the video, and the rig performed really well. I never experienced major or minor wheel spin, it cruised through some off camber climbs and muddy bog holes.

That said, I do find the FX4 suspension to be too stiff for my taste, and I like a stiffer suspension. I am running the FabTech 3.5 lift kit and want to upgrade the front coil overs to Icon Stage 2s. I’m fine with the rear dirt logic shocks for now.

Highway performance was great. Love how this truck handles on road. I don’t have a tune, I won’t be getting one, and I still love it. My biggest, BIGGEST, complaint about this truck is the fuel tank size. It should have at least been a 22 gallon tank.

hope to see you out on the trail someday with your dogs!

OP
OP
RangerVA

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Know what you mean about couch hogs, my 19lb 12 year old Boston Terrier has a blanket on every chair and couch in the house and flops down wherever she wants. Where in VA are you from, I am moving to VA Beach next month?
I had a Boston Terrier. She was just the same as yours. I love in NOVA. Get in touch if you are ever in this area! Be nice to get to know more Ranger owners.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Nice video!

Only thing I would suggest is maybe either list or put links to some of the equipment you used in the descriptions.

For example, in the video you mentioned that you really liked the awning with the sides.

Which awning is it?

A link to stuff like that would be good information as well as possibly getting you a bit of a kickback if someone buys it :like:

OP
OP
RangerVA

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Nice video!

Only thing I would suggest is maybe either list or put links to some of the equipment you used in the descriptions.

For example, in the video you mentioned that you really liked the awning with the sides.

Which awning is it?

A link to stuff like that would be good information as well as possibly getting you a bit of a kickback if someone buys it :like:
Thanks for the suggestion. So the awning I directly imported. I contacted Darche in Australia. Same with the swag. They flew the equipment straight from their factory in China so no middleman. As far as I know, there is only one vendor in the States that sells their product, and they are a shit vendor. I wouldn’t even recommend going through them. Contact Darche directly.

Sarge104

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
19 FR, 13 VB, 95 GS MH, 00 HE
Occupation
County Cemetery District, SAR volunteer
Glad you had a great trip, Beartooth pass can be awesome and terrifying in the same week. Funny story first, end of July my friend and I were going to Yellowstone and while traveling up Beartooth we heard and felt a "Bang!". Jumped out of the vehicle, checked all around, but could not find anything leaking or evidence of failure. I climb back in and step on a potato chip, we look under the seat and the chip bag had detonated! Little while after we made snow angels on the state border as a couple from Washington passed by laughing at us...

OP
OP
RangerVA

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you had a great trip, Beartooth pass can be awesome and terrifying in the same week. Funny story first, end of July my friend and I were going to Yellowstone and while traveling up Beartooth we heard and felt a "Bang!". Jumped out of the vehicle, checked all around, but could not find anything leaking or evidence of failure. I climb back in and step on a potato chip, we look under the seat and the chip bag had detonated! Little while after we made snow angels on the state border as a couple from Washington passed by laughing at us...
That's a great story! Was telling a friend of mine when I got back that the West Coast has seemingly better chip selection than on the East Coast. A lot more selection IMO! So mental note: watch out for the chip bag explosions!
Sponsored