Various exhaust component deletes verses other combinations.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
So kind of tooling around Google reading various feedback on this stuff, but at the end of the day each motor sounds different in each car brand or platform. I'm curious on the tone for the following;

Muffler Delete
Resonator Delete
Muffler and Resonator Delete

How about just an aftermarket Muffler + Stock Exhaust?

Exhaust system replacement is further down my to-do-list, but would like something for now to give me a more pleasant tone than, well, no tone at all.
Sponsored

importfighter01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab
I put a turndown on the factory mid pipe, eliminating the muffler and resonator. Deep tone, zero regrets.

Reactions: Doc

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
I had a Flowmaster 40 Series muffler installed in place of the stock muffler. I have had people ask what system I have and that it sounds good.
I know the stock muffler is rather restrictive and the Flowmaster lets the engine breath easier. A good thing. Especially running the Livernois 91/93 Tune.
Total cost was $140.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Why the 40 series? Why not 10 series?

I know nothing about what the series means.
It's what the muffler guy suggested. Maybe it was the only one he had?

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Why the 40 series? Why not 10 series?

I know nothing about what the series means.
Jack ,the 10 series is much louder than the 40 series. There is also a delta 40 series that is the quietest 40 series with an extra chamber that kills drone. I have used the delta series on all my street rods and they do get rid of drone. Bret

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jack ,the 10 series is much louder than the 40 series. There is also a delta 40 series that is the quietest 40 series with an extra chamber that kills drone. I have used the delta series on all my street rods and they do get rid of drone. Bret
Glad the muffler guy did not suggest the 10 Series then! The cabin sound level is at it's maximum allowed level for me.
That is good info on the Delta Series. I may look into that. If the interior sound level was any higher than it is now I would not be a happy camper. Neither would my wife! My motivation for the mod was performance oriented. I am way beyond wanting to attract attention with a loud and/or obnoxious exhaust note.

Kawffin

First Name
Marlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Cultivation technician II
Vehicle Showcase
Glad the muffler guy did not suggest the 10 Series then! The cabin sound level is at it's maximum allowed level for me.
That is good info on the Delta Series. I may look into that. If the interior sound level was any higher than it is now I would not be a happy camper. Neither would my wife! My motivation for the mod was performance oriented. I am way beyond wanting to attract attention with a loud and/or obnoxious exhaust note.
This sounds like a great option for me, would you mind posting a video of your exhaust sound?

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Due to suspension change ...muffler and resonator delete...throaty and no popping ..
Regards
Sponsored