[Update] So I bought a house.

waitingonranger

First Name
red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
red
Some of you may remember this thread I created back in August. At the time I was planning on buying a Ranger but then I made a "grown up" decision and went with a House instead. Well I closed on a house and while I don't live there (doing a small remodel) I have to say Im glad I didn't get the Ranger.

I still frequent this forum and look through everyones pictures and threads and live through you guys and one day (wayyyy in the future unless I win the lotto)
Sponsored

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger XLT 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Hang in there. House aside, I'd would really be glad you held off on that truck now.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Some of you may remember this thread I created back in August. At the time I was planning on buying a Ranger but then I made a "grown up" decision and went with a House instead. Well I closed on a house and while I don't live there (doing a small remodel) I have to say Im glad I didn't get the Ranger.

I still frequent this forum and look through everyones pictures and threads and live through you guys and one day (wayyyy in the future unless I win the lotto)
Congrats on your new home! :clap:

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
Hang in there. House aside, I'd would really be glad you held off on that truck now.
I’m personally on the opposite side of things. I bought the Ranger now and am glad I held off on buying a house. Been looking at building or buying a house for over year and last year I kept saying “we should wait until mid 2020 I just don’t like where the values are right now.” Welp! Here we are in 2020 and things are just starting to flip from a sellers market to a buyers market. Looking forward to finding something I like and getting a deal instead of having to contend with 25 other cash buyers bidding up the price! (Seattle market)

To the OP - good on ya for making the tough choice! House vs the “new shiny depreciating object” is the grown up decision! I hope things keep looking up and you find yourself a good deal on a Ranger down the line - they’re great.

Nellieg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger crew cab
Bought a house last June, bought the ranger in the end of years deals day the expired in january. Glad i am in the house and glad i bought the truck. Sometimes you just have to figure it out and do both if the timing is right.

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
I’m personally on the opposite side of things. I bought the Ranger now and am glad I held off on buying a house. Been looking at building or buying a house for over year and last year I kept saying “we should wait until mid 2020 I just don’t like where the values are right now.” Welp! Here we are in 2020 and things are just starting to flip from a sellers market to a buyers market. Looking forward to finding something I like and getting a deal instead of having to contend with 25 other cash buyers bidding up the price! (Seattle market)

To the OP - good on ya for making the tough choice! House vs the “new shiny depreciating object” is the grown up decision! I hope things keep looking up and you find yourself a good deal on a Ranger down the line - they’re great.
Wow, my post did NOT age well.
Sponsored