I just bought one!

Denver133

First Name
Denver133
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger on order
Thoughts so far? Don't leave us hanging.

OP
OP
toddiscdn

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Yup, that's the one. You are quite the detective rangerdanger.

Ir came off the truck last night, i drove it for 45 mins or so, they offered me a good trade on the frontier, so we made a deal. Won't pick it up till next week.

RangerFlyer

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Yup, that's the one. You are quite the detective rangerdanger.

Ir came off the truck last night, i drove it for 45 mins or so, they offered me a good trade on the frontier, so we made a deal. Won't pick it up till next week.
That's awesome! Congratulations.

I'll admit, I'm a little jealous.

So, why don't you pick it up till next week?

Nate4x4

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 NE
Occupation
Vehicle Reader
Congrats! That's a real sharp lookin' truck there! :like:

OP
OP
toddiscdn

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Looks like I can pick it up tomorrow after all.

Its been a bit of a whirlwind, I spotted the truck on the Ford .ca inventory on tuesday night, knowing it hadnt arrived yet, I emailed the dealer to see if it was available. They got right back to me saying it was and that they thought it would land there soon and asked about my tradein.

At 07:30 the next morning I got an email saying the truck had arrived late last night and would I like to come out and see it, absolutely! So I checked out of work early, blew the mud off and vacuumed out the french fries from my tradein frontier to make it presentable and headed out to the dealer a bit under an hour from work.

I arrived and he asked if I wanted to go for a spin, he took the keys to my truck, to check it out and gave me the Ranger keys and said take my time. Obviously I was quite happy with the test drive and when I got back he gave me a good price on the Frontier, so we signed the deal.

So what started as a random email to yet another dealer at around 7pm ended with a sold truck by 4 the next afternoon....... quite a day:whew:

OP
OP
toddiscdn

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Ok, so after all that, what are my impressions. As I said it was a bit of a whirlwind, but I,ll try to make a couple points.

-It rides like a truck, I was on some crappy but paved roads and the rear suspension seemed stiff, not terrible, but firm. Might soften up a bit over time.

- Big screen will be a learning curve, but it is quite a nice display. I was looking for a button for heated seats, but it as right in front of me on the screen.

- very comfortable and quiet interior, it was just a nice place to be:like:

- I got in the back seat with the front set for me at 6" tall and I fit fairly well, knees not touching the front but close, not too bad I thought.

-It has the tray floor mats, but they were still packaged in the back seat, so I,ll have to check them later.

- Had lots of jam when you tromped on her, I was skeptical before all the good reviews but it felt great. Its is a little weird knowing some of the engine noise was "piped in"

- It will smoke the tires from a stop with the TC off:shock:

Thats all I can really think of for now, Im quite pleased that one showed up locally that had most of the things I wanted on it and at a great dealer that was a pleasure to deal with, I think I will be happy. I,ll post more as I get used to it this weekend.

Cheers, Todd

49614607_10156424803465141_8365206393946374144_o.jpg

49898681_10156424803220141_358552099027419136_o.jpg
50408636_10156424803680141_5590672381317218304_o.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
toddiscdn

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I forgot to mention that the engine did not "auto stop" at all on my test drive, not sure why as I forgot about it at first, but payed attention later and did not notice it shut down.

Last edited:

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I forgot to mention that the engine did not "auto stop" at all on my test drive, not sure why as I forgot about it at first, but payed attention later and did not notice it shut down.
Could be turned off for the test drive, or road conditions were not ideal for it to work.

WXman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Most ESS systems have a list of criteria that must be met before they'll go into stop/start mode. Usually if the weather is really cold, mine won't go into ESS because the cabin is heating up.

Very nice looking truck!

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I'd be interested in how you compare the quietness of the cab to other vehicles you've had.

One thing I've noticed in the test videos I've seen is when they step on it to feel the power you can hear that engine roar in the cab, thought it strange but may just be normal....?

jcardona1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition / '04 Nissan Frontier / '96 Toyota Land Cruiser
I'd be interested in how you compare the quietness of the cab to other vehicles you've had.

One thing I've noticed in the test videos I've seen is when they step on it to feel the power you can hear that engine roar in the cab, thought it strange but may just be normal....?
Those are artificial engine sounds played through the speakers. The cab seems pretty quiet otherwise from videos I've seen.
Sponsored