OffroadAlliance

OffroadAlliance

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 Raptor, 2018 Tacoma TRD Pro
Question - with the Turbosmart Dual Port having a VTA option (which I like), does it pose any threat to vehicles that will be operated in extremely dusty environments? I understand boost pressure is coming out of the BOV, but lets say you're plowing through a silt bed and the BOV actuates...are the chances of debris entering the intake tract higher than a plumb back BOV?

While possible, it's unlikely to have the BOV suck dust/dirt/debris back into the system. We sell a similar unit for the Raptor and plenty of those folks are running their trucks really hard in the desert without issue.

Advertisement

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Reaction score
Website
www.coroflot.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 MINI Cooper S Modified, 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo Modified (sold)
Occupation
Mack Trucks Senior Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I have this setup for a while but noticed that I've never hear the BOV in action...went out in the garage and gave it a few good revs with hood up, doors open and sure enough, it's working...so my question is under what driving condition can you hear the BOV while driving?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have this setup for a while but noticed that I've never hear the BOV in action...went out in the garage and gave it a few good revs with hood up, doors open and sure enough, it's working...so my question is under what driving condition can you hear the BOV while driving?
Hi Sid,

Ummmm....only after Enchiladas with a side order of refried beans.... :)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

FoD

First Name
Terry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Two parter: Does the Dual Port need a C.A.R.B. number for those of us in the not so friendly states driving arenas and will it require any "tunes" be adjusted to it's presence over the OEM?

Thanks

EDIT (3/13) Livernois indicates that a direct fit replacement(not universal) will not need a tune adjustment - FYI and "double duh!! Just visited your site and the answer was there at the bottom of product page.

Last edited:

parkranger

First Name
Robert
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX super crew
Occupation
Locksmith
The valve should open when you close the throttle with a spooled up turbo. You have to actually lift off the throttle though 😆.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Reaction score
Website
www.coroflot.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The valve should open when you close the throttle with a spooled up turbo. You have to actually lift off the throttle though 😆.
I watched a Ranger doing some technical trails on YT and he was gunning/chopping throttle and wow did the BOV really snort! :D

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
I watched a Ranger doing some technical trails on YT and he was gunning/chopping throttle and wow did the BOV really snort! :D
i believe I've read that an aftermarket exhaust and CAI will really bring out the "hiss" sound of the BOV more. Odds are the Ranger in the YT vid had other parts as well.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Reaction score
Website
www.coroflot.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
i believe I've read that an aftermarket exhaust and CAI will really bring out the "hiss" sound of the BOV more. Odds are the Ranger in the YT vid had other parts as well.
This guy stated that the truck has Turbosmart BOV as well as exhaust delete...not sure about intake...

Advertisement

Advertisement