Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Two parter: Does the Dual Port need a C.A.R.B. number for those of us in the not so friendly states driving arenas and will it require any "tunes" be adjusted to it's presence over the OEM?

Thanks

EDIT (3/13) Livernois indicates that a direct fit replacement(not universal) will not need a tune adjustment - FYI and "double duh!! Just visited your site and the answer was there at the bottom of product page.
Sponsored

Last edited:

parkranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX super crew
Occupation
Locksmith
I have this setup for a while but noticed that I've never hear the BOV in action...went out in the garage and gave it a few good revs with hood up, doors open and sure enough, it's working...so my question is under what driving condition can you hear the BOV while driving?
The valve should open when you close the throttle with a spooled up turbo. You have to actually lift off the throttle though ?.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
The valve should open when you close the throttle with a spooled up turbo. You have to actually lift off the throttle though ?.
I watched a Ranger doing some technical trails on YT and he was gunning/chopping throttle and wow did the BOV really snort! :D

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
I watched a Ranger doing some technical trails on YT and he was gunning/chopping throttle and wow did the BOV really snort! :D
i believe I've read that an aftermarket exhaust and CAI will really bring out the "hiss" sound of the BOV more. Odds are the Ranger in the YT vid had other parts as well.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
i believe I've read that an aftermarket exhaust and CAI will really bring out the "hiss" sound of the BOV more. Odds are the Ranger in the YT vid had other parts as well.
This guy stated that the truck has Turbosmart BOV as well as exhaust delete...not sure about intake...
Sponsored