Superbuggy

Superbuggy

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL STX 4X4
Glad to hear it's fixed and that there are still some good dealerships/service Depts. out there! Now hopefully you can enjoy it for many trouble free mileage.
Thanks Dave!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Superbuggy

Superbuggy

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did they replace the entire turbo?
I was told that the repair was just on the solenoid that controls the wastegate, I sorta-kinda remember being some verbage about the whole turbo wouldn't be replaced? And considering the time they got me finished, that seems true to me. I read somewhere that a full turbo swap on our trucks is a 8 hour job...

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
I was told that the repair was just on the solenoid that controls the wastegate, I sorta-kinda remember being some verbage about the whole turbo wouldn't be replaced? And considering the time they got me finished, that seems true to me. I read somewhere that a full turbo swap on our trucks is a 8 hour job...
Thanks, did you get paperwork that shows what part number they replaced?

OP
OP
Superbuggy

Superbuggy

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, did you get paperwork that shows what part number they replaced?
Yep. The part# is: LB5Z 9G488 B :mounting assy. Upon reading the WHOLE repair order (ahem...) I see that the tech removed the turbo to inspect the wastegate valve to check for further issues, so that dude is apparently a flat-rate stud lol!

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
Yep. The part# is: LB5Z 9G488 B :mounting assy. Upon reading the WHOLE repair order (ahem...) I see that the tech removed the turbo to inspect the wastegate valve to check for further issues, so that dude is apparently a flat-rate stud lol!
Based on that part number, it looks like only the mounting assembly was replaced?? Did they provide a solenoid part number in your paperwork. Just curious for future reference. Thanks in advance and glad you got it back working well :like:

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
that part number seems to be a mystery item. Try googling it once. Lots of strange non turbo related images. No definitive description for what it really is or where it fits/application. ?

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
that part number seems to be a mystery item. Try googling it once. Lots of strange non turbo related images. No definitive description for what it really is or where it fits/application. ?
Wondering if it could be some “dummy” part number for warranty billing purposes?

OP
OP
Superbuggy

Superbuggy

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Based on that part number, it looks like only the mounting assembly was replaced?? Did they provide a solenoid part number in your paperwork. Just curious for future reference. Thanks in advance and glad you got it back working well :like:
My repair order (besides that part number) just says "replace the electronic waste gate valve due to internal short", with no further part numbers...

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
My repair order (besides that part number) just says "replace the electronic waste gate valve due to internal short", with no further part numbers...
Glad it was a simple fix and hopefully fixed for good. I have one on order so I have been watching this thread closely as I'm sure others are. :like:

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Yeah my gut is telling me that there is no part number for the electronic wastegate actuator and they used that other number as a placeholder for warranty billing. At least you know what they did
Sponsored