Trying to give back without the inordante time to review every post.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Hi Phil,

Pretty sure everyone here loves reading your your backstories. Problem is, all of these wonderful stories are lost in various threads.

How about starting a new thread named "Phil's Backstories" ? When you feel like treating us with a new story, post it there. Members can subscribe and be notified. Would also be great if all of your previous backstories could somehow be gathered into that new thread. Perhaps a Mod job.

Always love your wonderful Tito photos and hearing about what he has been up to, even if it is mischief !! How about starting a new "Tito" thread, then drop in once in a while at your leisure with a new photo or update?

You, Margie, and Tito be well with peace.
Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
I did not know turtles were so interactive. Tito seems like a Wonderful Pet. I usually like people who take good care of their animals. I think its the nurturing thing. I have a wonderful Collie, she's turning 11. Had Love Birds, messy. My apartment had a wall tank when I moved in. Been enjoying fiddling with it for 25 years. Apartments suck for having hobbies. The animals keep me entertained.

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Steve,

The owner of Team Ford raced in off road racing for me. He is a top notch guy and I think his management structure is geared to serve the customer. Steve Olligas is his name.

Difficult when a vibration comes and goes...tires are likely not the cause per se...but not to be ruled out. Need to assess the vibration frequency to understand from where the excitation force for this vibration originates. Likely not driveline either. Coming and going focuses on the suspension and vehicle loading in my opinion... Anyway...get the frequency so we can track the possible excitation source...Good Luck!

Best,
Phil
Hi Steve,

Thinking a bit more on the strange event of coming and going. A few questions. Are the wheels and tires stock? If wheels are not stock...are they hub centric? The phasing may be two wheels/tires that come into balance and then out of balance. Analogy is a multi engine airplane were the pilot did not get the engine rpms matched. sort of a wa......wa......wa....wa....wa..wa..wa.wa..wa....wa....wa......wa......wa. Wheels and tires can be balanced but not round....Hope this makes sense.... Keep me in the loop on this....I suspect that the help will be when the vibration frequency and orders are determined by the dealer's NVH equipment.

Best,
Phil

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Glad to hear you can continue to stop by every once in a awhile and contribute.

I gave up on trying to read most post's due to most of them have poor thread titles, very vague description as to its content, examples such as " Finally" or "So I did this today" that's a waste of time and I wish the moderators or admins could institute rule that require proper thread description even though it shouldn't be needed I thought that was just common forum etiquette.

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a turtle question...

clearly they arent potty trained.

whats a turtle turd look like on the kitchen floor?
is it noticeable?
does it squish when you step on it?
is it hard like a lego?

greasy like a dollop of butter?

is it best to wear socks or boots when the turtle is loose in the kitchen?

enquiring minds want to know, but theres no need for the bat signal for Phil....i'll live if you dont come back to this for me...

1628189659717.png
Hi RP,

Desert Tortoise are masters of maintaining hydration in the hot and arid conditions of the Sonoran Desert. They can go for over a year without taking a drink of water. They are masters at extracting every last molecule of water from their food. Their Turds are dry and fibrous, black in color so on a tan tile floor, easy to spot. If the turds are brown and watery... your tortoise is sick and needs to see the vet. They rarely pee but when they do...it appeas the whole inside of the shell is full of pee. Most times they let loose is a defensive action to protect themselves by being discussing... They carry a full bladder at all times as in drought conditions they can reprocess the urine for hydration purposes. They do purge about once ever 10 days but quickly refill the bladder. That is why it is against the law to pick up a wild tortoise unless it is crossing the roadway as loosing their bladder is puts them at some risk. Captive Tortoise that are used to being handled rarely release their bladder defensively.

Okay...too much Tortoise and too little Ranger here...

Best,
Phil

Last edited:

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Phil,

Pretty sure everyone here loves reading your your backstories. Problem is, all of these wonderful stories are lost in various threads.

How about starting a new thread named "Phil's Backstories" ? When you feel like treating us with a new story, post it there. Members can subscribe and be notified. Would also be great if all of your previous backstories could somehow be gathered into that new thread. Perhaps a Mod job.

Always love your wonderful Tito photos and hearing about what he has been up to, even if it is mischief !! How about starting a new "Tito" thread, then drop in once in a while at your leisure with a new photo or update?

You, Margie, and Tito be well with peace.
Hi RR,

I know this has been proposed before and we noodled it quite a bit. I felt the backstory was best to be left in the thread which generated it as it triggered my feeble mind to remember the story. I thing a collection of back stories might be a good cure for someone's insomnia though.... Really best to leave in the thread.... Not sure if a search functtion could be created to get to the back stories....

best,
Phil

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Been pondering this for a while handling my life's load. So here is my proposal as discussed with the moderators to continue supporting these forums without having to read every post. I am here to help when I can. So I am enabling a setting that if in your post, you mention me, I am notified but otherwise not. I wish to keep this to needing help...not my thoughts on running 1" wheel spacers vs. Âľ" spacers. If it works...I am a happy camper, if not I turn it off and go back to logging in a couple times a week or less.

Life had dealt me a hand that has refocused my time... Not Margie's or my health at this time (Margie turned 80 a week ago) but things that occur when you are in more than one area like Margie and I are....Both being artists and active in other hobbies have refocused us as well as we are both slowing down... I cannot be in the shop for 40 hours a week... My jewelry business has taken off and I have to put the brakes on it too... Margie and I need cocktail time on the patio or inside if too hot or cold. Margie and my time together in this life becomes more precious as we approach our final earthly destination...

Hope you understand.

Let's make this work...I am here to help if I can... Any backstories from help will continue if my feeble mind can recall...

BTW...Tito is doing well...bulking up for the coming burmation for the winter months. He is eating a ton of kale...and strawberry deserts...

Tito2_1.jpg

Best,
Phil
That photo reminds me of the turtle I came across that had been mugged by a couple of snails. I asked him what happened and he said he had no idea because it all happened so fast.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Hi Jay,

We brought Tito into the house for comfort as it was 105°....we did this yesterday too. He sits on my lap while I rub his shell....about 20 to 30 minutes before he starts to move...sometimes he falls asleep. I then park him at a large plate of Kale and he spents about 30 minutes chowing down..amazing how much he eats. Then a cut up strawberry in a little dish which is his desert. That is usually followed by a nose bump between me and him and he ambles off to the right side of our Ice Box where he spends the night.... About 10am he will want to be outside again and the cycle repeats until the weather cools a bit....heat stresses them and there is cool tile floor in the house...

Pix from a minute ago.....

Titoliquorcabinet1.jpg

Best,
Phil
Tito is awesome.
Sponsored