Truck lights stay on when switched to off position.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
It may not be mandated here in the US, but most new cars have automatic headlights, assuming you keep it in the Auto mode. I can't remember when I actually turn on the headlights myself. The one's I see with no lights in the rain or at dawn/dusk are older cars, which wouldn't be affected by a new mandate.
Not a week goes by without me seeing a car with just it's DRL's on motoring along in the dark with it's ass end in total darkness.

It's highly doubtful that these vehicles are rentals, as this is on surface streets which tourist would not regularly travel.

Just last week Saturday night I pointed out to my neighbor that all rear lights on her 2015 Honda CR-V were off as she parked in her driveway, she assumed that because her headlights were on (at reduced power) that all exterior lights were on. I actually proved to her that they were indeed off by having her look at the rear of the car, she was aghast...

She thought I was a wizard when I placed her headlight switch onto the auto setting resulting in her headlights operating with full power and her actually being able to see the road in front of her....

I told her not to touch the headlight switch setting and to leave in in auto mode at all times from now on.

She's very fortunate that in the seven years of driving her Honda like that, that nobody had rear ended her.
Sponsored