Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Wanted to follow up here,

thanks
Actually, it wasnt lugging the engine at all. It was just needing an alignment. Now that I have the alignment, everything feels normal, except it is not as fast as it was. I was pulling mid 13 quarter miles times, but now its mid 14's.
Sponsored

RBTremor

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang Convertible, 2019 Mustang Conv. 2.3L
That's why I choose the 5star tune + 100k warranty. Actually had a major failure on my civic si that honda blamed the tune for.

Just a note, there is some slight cutting involved. Might be able to not cut with positive offset wheels though.

Ill update pictures once I have it all dialed in. Gonna try to put rear bars back on, but cut or modify them if needed.
Would these work for you?

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/6...iE7e7a_ETXi4Fp5x9ihGmAs2AfAyKLYRoC2r0QAvD_BwE

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Actually, it wasnt lugging the engine at all. It was just needing an alignment.
Nice build on your rig. With that size tire did you lose 10th gear? I’m thinking with stock gears the trans will not hold 10th gear. Or the slightest uphill or head wind or if you even breath on the throttle the trans will downshift.

OP
OP
Bludrok

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Not according to their description. I don't think they'd work anyhow. Keep in mind, I actually had to cut the mounting bracket back a tad.

Nice build on your rig. With that size tire did you lose 10th gear? I’m thinking with stock gears the trans will not hold 10th gear. Or the slightest uphill or head wind or if you even breath on the throttle the trans will downshift.
Nope. 10th gear works just fine. No issues really, but my truck isnt stock at all.

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Front wise, what did you do, 2" lift or did you go all out with a lift kit? I love that bumper.

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM Focus ST (sold), 2020 MM Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
for all the MPG guys

1- what is the load rating on your new tires? E-rates kill mpg
2- fuel quality. if you're not running premium the engine doesn't return as great of fuel with a lift/tires
3- lift height/offset. higher and wider = more drag

I run 93 here (jersey, right at sealevel) and avg 20 mpg highway in the winter and close to 23 in the summer. No tune installed yet, 285 p-rated falken wildepeak at3w's

our trucks are pigs around town with big tires, city mileage can vary drastically but my absolute worst tank of fuel I averaged 17.5 mpg. I came from a 2015 Focus ST, I'm not babying the truck lol

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
To OP great looking truck. Those 35s are sick but I could not have it as a daily...would not fit in the garage at work?
I originally was setting up my truck for 33's might still do it later but very happy I went with 265/70/17 cooper wild trek 31.9" and still get 21+ mpg mixed driving. Plus they look and drive awesome. Again thanks to all sharing there setups and experience.
Sponsored