Trail control fault

jhgr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
2019 Fx/4 ranger i came out of a restaurant got in truck to come home and pushed starter nothing
happened left side of instrument panel flashed up trail control default , brake light was on and the truck was completely
locked down. worked with it for about 30 minute and finally got manual out and the instruction said to
push start button on and off to reset, after about three tries it started and worked fine every since. Has
anyone had this happen before? Got me a little Leary now.
Sponsored

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
You must just have posted this as I searched like mad all over the forum for trail control issues. I dont have push start, but habe got the trail control fault error but no CEL or brake warning lights....that's all I got

OP
OP

jhgr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Have you found why this happened? I ha to keep working with it to ever get it
to clear out.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Hows your battery? a weak battery can cause all kinds of weird issues. i don't know if you have driven the truck less the past few months or not due to COVID but it might be worth while to make a dealership visit and have them check it out and test the battery after all its still under warranty.

OP
OP

jhgr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
The battery checked good 12.4 volts with lights on

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yup, my battery is fine too...tried activating after almost two hour drive to enter my camp road...request denied!

OP
OP

jhgr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
The next time I drive I will try to activate mine and see what happens

OP
OP

jhgr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
yup, my battery is fine too...tried activating after almost two hour drive to enter my camp road...request denied!
I activated mine the next time i drove it and everything worked fine. talked to the dealer about it and was told if its working now nothing they ca do.

BGDOGY

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab
I just got that same error message yesterday morning. Took a couple of tries and it finally started, drove to work with the wrench icon showing. When I came out from work in the afternoon, it started right up and the wrench icon was gone. I had already setup an appt. with the dealer, so I think I'm going to have them look at it anyways. I'll let you know if they come up with any answers, but we all know that is slim.

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got that same error message yesterday morning. Took a couple of tries and it finally started, drove to work with the wrench icon showing. When I came out from work in the afternoon, it started right up and the wrench icon was gone. I had already setup an appt. with the dealer, so I think I'm going to have them look at it anyways. I'll let you know if they come up with any answers, but we all know that is slim.
I hooked up FORscan to my truck and got this:

ABS module fault P166B:62-0A, signal compare failure, DTC present at time of request, malfunction indicator light off for this DTC

I cleared the code on the ABS module, then later that day I made some mods to my BCM and did not see the ABS error again, although I haven't tried to use it yet
Sponsored