First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger 01 7.3 64 122s 14 ilx 08 xc90v8 928gts
Occupation
Yes
has anyone figured out trail control yet. if there is a thread please pass along the info
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
has anyone figured out trail control yet. if there is a thread please pass along the info
Lol there is definitely a thread and im not sure how you missed it. For the trail control inorder to get it on your truck simply buy the 4x4 switch with the TM button(sorry dont remember the part number) and install it. After that using ForScan access the Intrument Cluster and you will find drive modes I believe(might be called something else) and simply enable it. After that you are good to go. Also I can state that it works well!!! Definitely an upgrade worth getting

OP
OP
Thefadricator

Thefadricator

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes
Lol there is definitely a thread and im not sure how you missed it. For the trail control inorder to get it on your truck simply buy the 4x4 switch with the TM button(sorry dont remember the part number) and install it. After that using ForScan access the Intrument Cluster and you will find drive modes I believe(might be called something else) and simply enable it. After that you are good to go. Also I can state that it works well!!! Definitely an upgrade worth getting
I did all of that was having issues accessing drive mods and getting it to do something. I'll have to play around some more but after 4 hours on a computer my eyes hurt

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
+1 - I use TM a LOT - not when things are dicey, but when we are just moseying along dodging rocks and ruts it take a lot of the effort so that I can enjoy things a bit more.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I did all of that was having issues accessing drive mods and getting it to do something. I'll have to play around some more but after 4 hours on a computer my eyes hurt
Ummm so if I'm understanding correctly you have already activated it you just cant seem to get it to function on the truck?

OP
OP
Thefadricator

Thefadricator

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes
Ummm so if I'm understanding correctly you have already activated it you just cant seem to get it to function on the truck?
Yes!

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Just press the trail control button, set the speed you want using the cruise control up and down buttons, and steer.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just press the trail control button, set the speed you want using the cruise control up and down buttons, and steer.
You were thinking about the wrong thing sir. What he really wants us to terrain management not the trail control. Trail control and fortunately can I be added to trucks that do nothing with it that would have loved at this time. It is already had at the button for treating management he's just having trouble with that

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Are you trying to add Terrain Management, Trail Control, or both?

Your title says Trail Control, but the thread is discussing Terrain Management. Many people have added Terrain Management with the switch and ForScan. But I don't believe anybody has successfully added Trail Control yet.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
You were thinking about the wrong thing sir. What he really wants us to terrain management not the trail control. Trail control and fortunately can I be added to trucks that do nothing with it that would have loved at this time. It is already had at the button for treating management he's just having trouble with that
ok, I’m lost I guess. First post is asking about trail control.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Trial control hasn’t been figured out yet from what I have read here and other forums where folks are trying to figure out how to activate it compared to factory built trucks. It’s a mystery still

OP
OP
Thefadricator

Thefadricator

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes
Not confused but thanks. Post is asking about the crawl control if any one has figured it out but is asking for help with the terrain management system as I can only get it to soft pull 3 option not 4 like fx4 trucks should supposedly have. It will go into 4 tho
Sponsored