First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
towing a big uhaul trailer across country, not my first choice of moving but it is what it is. I have only ever towed a few things in my f150 with all the towing stuff in it, will be my first in my XLT ranger. Thinking maybe rear shocks would make the ride better at a minimum.
Sponsored

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Assuming it's within the tow limits of the truck... load it up and drive is my opinion... just drive safely.

Deleted member 1634

I towed the largest size U-haul box trailer almost 1000 miles helping my brother move a little over a month after getting my truck. And I can tell you with absolute confidence that the Ranger has no issue with doing what you're about to ask of it. Obviously felt the trailer back there, but I still had plenty of passing power and control. I would guestimate the trailer, loaded up, weighed in at around 5500lbs. And I got around 15mpg over the trip as well over rolling highway hills.

Hook it up and go, don't worry about it. This truck can tow wonderfully.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
As has been stated multiple times. As long as you are within the tow rating for your truck and packages your good. Uhauls normally have surge brakes, so no need for a brake controller. If you have the tow package your good for 7500 lbs. Without the tow package or an after market receiver hitch your limited to 3500 lbs. The truck will love the exercise. Drive at safe speeds for the conditions and enjoy the ride. Watch the fuel tank as it is small when towing.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
towing a big uhaul trailer across country, not my first choice of moving but it is what it is. I have only ever towed a few things in my f150 with all the towing stuff in it, will be my first in my XLT ranger. Thinking maybe rear shocks would make the ride better at a minimum.
Be sure to have plenty of gas...

1hobtj.jpg
Sponsored