Not open for further replies.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I appreciate that, its not a big thing. I get compliments all the time here at home. Just has never been my thing bashing people about what they're done to there rides. I love going to car shows and seeing things people have done to there rides. There great people and I always enjoy talking about what they've done, regardless if I like it or not. But I can tell you one thing I'm not going to tell them that. Its there thing
Me too. :)
Sponsored

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well said sir! Actually I realized that won't fit the US rangers anyway. The hood is different.
But the Air Designs scoop works on the US Rangers. I liked the looks so I bought one. Didn't need to hear crap about it.

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
I find all of these non functional 'hood scoops" that stick on your vehicle to be straight up garbage.

I'm not against purely cosmetic alterations. But these just look like somebody is trying way too hard.
I agree to some degree, but this looks very much like the Raptor scoop... https://www.caranddriver.com/ford/f-150-raptor

A lot of folks here are in love with the Raptor grill for their Ranger which I personally am not a fan of. But hey, too each is own! If all our trucks looked the same it would be a boring world ;)

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
The only bashing allowed should be in regards to that hatch-back shock absorber thingy that some people are affectionate towards having on the tailgate. BUT, that has a history of back and forth good-natured ribbing and I don't believe that anyone has any serious animosity towards it. If they do, that's their problem. Y'all do y'all. :)

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I agree to some degree, but this looks very much like the Raptor scoop... https://www.caranddriver.com/ford/f-150-raptor

A lot of folks here are in love with the Raptor grill for their Ranger which I personally am not a fan of. But hey, too each is own! If all our trucks looked the same it would be a boring world ;)
For sure. Variety is the spice of life.

However, that doesn't make me immune to horrible fits of laughter at some people's choices.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man

They can all be functional if you jam a screwdriver through the scoop, hood and into the engine compartment a few times. There, problem solved.

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
For sure. Variety is the spice of life.

However, that doesn't make me immune to horrible fits of laughter at some people's choices.
By the way, why no pics of your rig?

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
I'm a function over form person. Most important thing is do what you want (within sociably acceptable guidelines).
Write your own book, don't follow someone else's book during your life. ?

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I joined this forum looking to have maybe meet some friends, being these Rangers are new and back on the road. But just to read posts of people bashing guys and gals for whatever mods they done to there rides, is not my thing. I've always given anyone or anybody respect for what they've done to there vehicles. To each its own but I'm not gonna tell them that I don't like there truck for what they've done. Time to move on, have fun bashing each others truck.
I'm of the same opinion when it comes to what people do to their vehicles. If someone wants to paint their Ranger with a tie-dye pattern, put eyelashes on their headlights, and add 12 inch stainless steel spikes protruding from the hood good for them. That's not something that would appeal to me but it is their vehicle and if they like it then I'm glad they did what they wanted with their vehicle and their money. I'm not going to bash them for it.

I think most of us feel the same way. So I hope you stick around. This is a great message board for Ranger owners. There is a lot of value here given all the great information shared as well as some really fun and interesting people who post. So it is easy for me to overlook the more negative things people say at times and appreciate the good. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.