Those with FP tunes who have updated to latest version?

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
I was hoping somebody with Ford Performance tune could send a screenshot after you click on "update" vai the Procal download tool? I have the procal unit connected and have voucher registered with active account with FordPerformance as needed. However after many failed attempts to update I keep getting same message ("wrong email"). I can see all device details and current tune on the download tool when connected and I can login to Fordperformance site but I cant ever get updates once I press the update button except for that "wrong email" message. I have talked with techs at FordPerformance about this and tried several tips to correct it but nothing works. They even sent me a new voucher# to register and use but I still get the same "wtong email" message. They confimed my email on file and have been using is the same but still no lucks with updates using the download tool.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

that408guy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
I had no issues updating about a week ago. When I hit update it would go straight into the download/install progress bar. Maybe use disk cleanup on windows? Only thing I can think of at the moment. Or if you are able to change you email with ford, possibly using a new email address for your account.

OP
OP
WNCblueridge

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
Thanks. I will try to get new email registered thru them I guess. Already updated Microsoft Windows and verified settings

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Ford ASSET Instructor - Program Director
Was there a PCM calibration update or just updated ProCal software?

OP
OP
WNCblueridge

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
Was there a PCM calibration update or just updated ProCal software?
Other members posted about a recent updated version on the FP site. This is the one I am trying to access. I did update to newer version of procal download tool when prompted but just cant access to the update on FP site via the download tool. Stupid wrong email message. Tried all sorts of things and updated windows as well. The FP techs are no help thus far after sending multiple screenshots and weeks worth of correspondence. Seems like an easy and obvious solution but going in circles.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I just updated mine without issue, first update was the procal device, then a new bootloader, and then the new file MB3A-FPREA1-TC.bin. The new device file is ver 1.388.
*UPDATE* This was the procal device updates, when I tried to sign in to FPT thru the procal app popup I got the same issue you did, wrong email address. But when I went thru the FPT website and logged in I had no issue, so I am guessing they have a glitch with the procal app update. I have shot them an email with the diagnostics log.

Last edited:

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
Other members posted about a recent updated version on the FP site. This is the one I am trying to access. I did update to newer version of procal download tool when prompted but just cant access to the update on FP site via the download tool. Stupid wrong email message. Tried all sorts of things and updated windows as well. The FP techs are no help thus far after sending multiple screenshots and weeks worth of correspondence. Seems like an easy and obvious solution but going in circles.
I’m not familiar with the FP tune but I do know IT support.

Have you uninstalled the Pro Cal software, rebooted your pc, and reinstalled the Pro Cal software? I would also recommend running disk cleanup at least twice between the uninstall and reinstall - I’ve noticed sometimes disk cleanup picks up more temp files to be deleted on the second run.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I’m not familiar with the FP tune but I do know IT support.

Have you uninstalled the Pro Cal software, rebooted your pc, and reinstalled the Pro Cal software? I would also recommend running disk cleanup at least twice between the uninstall and reinstall - I’ve noticed sometimes disk cleanup picks up more temp files to be deleted on the second run.
Good suggestions. I had no issue logging in the FPT via the app popup prior to updating to ver 2.956, once updated error -1011 kept popping up <wrong email>, but logging in via their web portal with the same credentials had no issue, so I think their update has a bug. I pulled the log and emailed to support.

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Ford ASSET Instructor - Program Director
Good suggestions. I had no issue logging in the FPT via the app popup prior to updating to ver 2.956, once updated error -1011 kept popping up <wrong email>, but logging in via their web portal with the same credentials had no issue, so I think their update has a bug. I pulled the log and emailed to support.
I am having a similar issue as well
Sponsored