Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
This really sucks Doug - glad your wife is okay. Kinda tough to see with a scarf hanging from the rear view mirror, I guess. I hope you’re able to get it all sorted out without too many headaches. Here’s to better days ahead.
Sponsored

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
This really sucks Doug - glad your wife is okay. Kinda tough to see with a scarf hanging from the rear view mirror, I guess. I hope you’re able to get it all sorted out without too many headaches. Here’s to better days ahead.
:LOL:

I pointed out the bald tires and obstructed vision to the cops hoping they'd pile 'em on. Alas, all he got was the "careless driving."

Headed to my preferred body shop tomorrow for a quick looksee and estimate. Adjuster is supposed to contact us in 2 business days.

She'll be back to normal, or better, soon.

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
It was a little slick out there this morning. But the drivers in this town just lose their effing minds when it snows!

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
It was a little slick out there this morning. But the drivers in this town just lose their effing minds when it snows!
I don't get it either.

Maybe it's because the majority are from somewhere warm. ;)

One of these days I'll find the old Colorado again. Maybe in Wyoming.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Thanks Dave!

Uninsured motorist coverage is mandated in my state, we'll be fine. Although I'm betting that by the time I'm done with this I'll wish I could've just dealt with it myself, small claims or whatever.

By the way. KIA lady was a dude.

Look out for this winner if you're driving in Colorado.

Resized_20220106_154146.jpeg

Right?!

Tires were bald AF.

He tried to tell my wife there was no damage as he handed her the license plate through the window. Apparently he went quite pale when she replied "I'm calling the cops, I work for the courts, I know how this works." He also said at some point, "I can't believe you didn't move."

Like I said, real winner.
what a shit bag.... he deserves a kick in the stones just for being such a person. be different if he was concerned for wifes safety or at least said sorry etc. he kinda gives off that prior felon vibe too lol.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
what a shit bag.... he deserves a kick in the stones just for being such a person. be different if he was concerned for wifes safety or at least said sorry etc. he kinda gives off that prior felon vibe too lol.
Most definitely.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
You would think that in Colorado people would be able to drive with a little snow on the road, the results of not having drivers training any longer (unless you pay for it). Glad it is minor and no one hurt, yep, dealing with the insurance is a PIA for sure.
While I agree with you Jesses there are some people that just can't drive for shit. Oh, the things I've seen.....:)

Doug, just glad your wife's OK. Hope the other driver is insured properly.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Thanks Dave!

Uninsured motorist coverage is mandated in my state, we'll be fine. Although I'm betting that by the time I'm done with this I'll wish I could've just dealt with it myself, small claims or whatever.

By the way. KIA lady was a dude.

Look out for this winner if you're driving in Colorado.

Resized_20220106_154146.jpeg

Right?!

Tires were bald AF.

He tried to tell my wife there was no damage as he handed her the license plate through the window. Apparently he went quite pale when she replied "I'm calling the cops, I work for the courts, I know how this works." He also said at some point, "I can't believe you didn't move."

Like I said, real winner.
Hell, he probably couldn't see her with that shit hanging from his rear view mirror. Kinda looks like he lost the genetic lottery anyway.

Save that picture Doug. If you have any problems with this (as we call them in the south) "goobernoggin' ", just show it to your insurance agent.

Goobernoggin' : Southern slang for Peckerhead.

Last edited:

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
No, your truck looks like a truck should. Throw the front license in the back, pocket the ins. money and go merrily down the road.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I don't get it either.

Doesn't take snow, a couple drops of rain works almost as well.....

The gov will probably issue a full pardon and buy the perp a new vehicle while you may wind up incarcerated.

Also I assume you have contacted the Strong Arm, he could get you $$$$

Last edited:

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
I don't get it either.

I was born in St. Josephs Hospital in 1967, never really wanted to live anywhere else until recently. I try not to blame the transplants, but thats getting tougher every year. It used to be the Texans, and now everyone seems to be from California. I hunt in Montana every year, and tell my boss each time that there's a good chance I don't come back! Then I'll be that transplant that everyone bitches about.

We are finding ourselves in Wyoming quite bit these days. Vedauwoo, Medicine Bow, and the Satratoga/Encampment areas.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
While I agree with you Jesses there are some people that just can't drive for shit. Oh, the things I've seen.....:)

Doug, just glad your wife's OK. Hope the other driver is insured properly.
You got that right. Here in La, people will continue to drive 70 in heavy rain or dense fog with low visibility, and not even turn on the headlights or taillights.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
He also said at some point, "I can't believe you didn't move."
I got gently rear-ended at a stoplight in my previous Ranger once. Light had just turned green and it took me a split second to shift into gear and get moving. College kid who hit me said something similar to your guy: "I was expecting you to be faster off the line."

I had no damage, and so for the most part I didn't care about him tapping me, but him trying to blame me for it really ticked me off. Oh well, his car (plastic bumper) was damaged, mine wasn't (steel bumper). Exchanged insurance information but never ended up getting the insurance or the cops involved.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I got gently rear-ended at a stoplight in my previous Ranger once. Light had just turned green and it took me a split second to shift into gear and get moving. College kid who hit me said something similar to your guy: "I was expecting you to be faster off the line."

I had no damage, and so for the most part I didn't care about him tapping me, but him trying to blame me for it really ticked me off. Oh well, his car (plastic bumper) was damaged, mine wasn't (steel bumper). Exchanged insurance information but never ended up getting the insurance or the cops involved.
That reminds me of an accident I had about 25 yrs ago. I was following my ex-wife in her minivan, she stopped, I didn't. Not too much visible damage, but the rear hatch wouldn't completely latch. My insurance paid about 3K to get it fixed. About 2 months later, she backs into a light pole, doing the same damage as when I hit her. She had only liability, so was out of luck on insurance paying to fix it.
Sponsored