The Last APG Kit

OP
OP

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 APG Ranger Lariot
When they first announced it I reached out and they said they will still make them but extended lead times since the kits would not be in active production in the future. I assume that comes at an increase cost too for the same reasons.

Hope your covid recovery is quick, sucked for my wife when we all had it but that was a year ago now. Was this a Tremor you started with or is it just Tremor side steps? Looks a lot better than I would have thought on the wide body build. I would love to have an APG kit but that $$, I need to sell more computers haha
It was originally a Tremor. We still have the suspension and tires sitting in our garage. We'll eventually get rid of the side steps but I didn't want to drop anymore money for rock sliders.

The kit was definitely expensive and was a big deciding factor. We've modded out a lot of cars over the years and I've never spent this much on something before. They did a great job though. Drives better than stock and no issues with handling. We'll see how the off-road performance is once we can get out of this house lol.
Sponsored

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
It was originally a Tremor. We still have the suspension and tires sitting in our garage. We'll eventually get rid of the side steps but I didn't want to drop anymore money for rock sliders.

The kit was definitely expensive and was a big deciding factor. We've modded out a lot of cars over the years and I've never spent this much on something before. They did a great job though. Drives better than stock and no issues with handling. We'll see how the off-road performance is once we can get out of this house lol.
Well congrats, the APG kits are the cleanest package I have seen. I am a sucker for carbon fiber too lol

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
So a month or so again we were trying to decide to either wait for the raptor or pursue the APG Kit. After talking about it we ended up deciding on the APG kit because we didn't think we would be able to get a ranger raptor within the next two to three years and with the dealer markup it would be a little much. As a result, we decided to do the APG kit. We snagged the last kit before their business model changed to the Bronco's. We had to sacrifice on a few things due to supply such as the aluminum front bumped but still enjoyed how she turned out. Here she is when we picked her up.

Still haven't had the opportunity to off-road yet. We got COVID after a trip so we're still waiting to test out all the changes!

e7tij-FQc-TZ-Wu-Oj-UXTFy1-Q.jpg
That looks awesome, are they not supporting the Ranger built anymore? How much did it cost you?

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
So basically if someone runs into your truck and wrecks the kit, you have to completely re-fab it into something else.
I asked that same question when I picked up my Ranger after the build. George at APG said they keep some carbon fiber body parts on hand specifically for collision repairs.

And like was mentioned already, they sold out of their pre made Ranger ProRunner inventory to start production and inventory for the Bronco ProRunner. But they will still offer the Ranger ProRunner parts and kit, but the parts will be made to order instead of producing large batches for inventory, so expect longer lead times.

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
So a month or so again we were trying to decide to either wait for the raptor or pursue the APG Kit. After talking about it we ended up deciding on the APG kit because we didn't think we would be able to get a ranger raptor within the next two to three years and with the dealer markup it would be a little much. As a result, we decided to do the APG kit. We snagged the last kit before their business model changed to the Bronco's. We had to sacrifice on a few things due to supply such as the aluminum front bumped but still enjoyed how she turned out. Here she is when we picked her up.

Still haven't had the opportunity to off-road yet. We got COVID after a trip so we're still waiting to test out all the changes!

e7tij-FQc-TZ-Wu-Oj-UXTFy1-Q.jpg
It looks dope! It’s a bummer they didn’t have the bumper in stock but the one you chose looks like a great match.

I had the same thought process before pulling the trigger on the APG build. I was considering a Bronco Raptor or waiting for the Ranger Raptor. When the guy at my Ford dealer said they are selling Bronco Raptors at $30k over sticker and their first 13 we’re already sold, I abandoned that idea and decided to build my own Ranger Raptor. Luckily I got the 3rd to last APG kit.
5DBA39F6-BF28-41BD-9AA2-4EE36891696C.jpeg

Yama_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor Soon 2021 APG Ranger
Sick looking rig! I’m about a year into ProRunner ownership and still loving it. Somehow, I’m still modding away but that’s how it goes. Enjoy!