Taller wheels: Odometer calibration? Importance? Tool?

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
I took my Ranger up to the dealership to get them to set the odometer up correctly for the 1.5" circumference increase with my aftermarket tires. They said that they did not know how yet. Said they will eventually get a tool may take a year or more.
Said I should look for a after market method.

So my question:

#1 is everyone who installs larger tires/ lifts etc... not concerned with the odometer reading inaccuracy?

#2 Is there anything on the market?

I installed the originals after putting on better shocks but am looking forward to going back to my taller stance, would like some accuracy with the odometer though.
Sponsored

Caluke

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Automotive tech
You need a laptop and FORScan software. It can be a little overwhelming for some but watch a few videos and make backup files before changing anything. There is a calculator for the hex decimal code you will need to change for your specific tire size. My speedometer was 8mph off at 70mph. Use the calculator and input the new code and my speedometer is perfect again.
FORScan is useful for many other little tweaks as well. There is a thread on this forum with a bunch of good info.