2007 F-150 Lariat

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Might be able to fit a manual light and switch, but I don't think the computer will be able to pick it up and show it on the dash. There are many reasons to have the tailgate open anyways, so you wouldn't want some obnoxious buzzer telling you something you already know.

EDIT: After going through that other thread, I bet all the stuff is there to add the F150 factory option, but I'm still skeptical that it would actually work in the ranger IPC.

OP
OP

Robert Manikowski

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150 Lariat
There are many reasons to have the tailgate open anyways, so you wouldn't want some obnoxious buzzer telling you something you already know.
Hence why it should be a setting in SYNC as opposed to something always disabled or enabled.

I will hold out hope someone will find a way eventually. :sunglasses:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Someone on the F150 forums probably knows what setting to change in forscan to enable the hardware, but getting the hardware might be tricky if they removed it as a feature.

Bubbabiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Supercrew FX4
Just put the truck into reverse and look at the screen. You'll know immediately if the tailgate is down.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I just payed $40,000 for a truck and I want to know if my tailgate is down without looking. I want a tweety bird sound to let me know. Can you put a tweety bird sound in?

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Just put the truck into reverse and look at the screen. You'll know immediately if the tailgate is down.
Agree! Trust me, when I put it in reverse with this setup it definitely lets me know...lol!

SingleKayak.jpg

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Magnetic
Someone on the F150 forums probably knows what setting to change in forscan to enable the hardware, but getting the hardware might be tricky if they removed it as a feature.
I spent some time yesterday enabling the different pids with forscan via the f-150 settings. The pids exist but the hardware and wiring dont exist in our trucks. The IPC also does not support it. A big fat maybe with forscan when more is known about the Ranger’s as-built but the wiring and switch would have to be added.
Sponsored