First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Architect
I ordered a left and right swing case directly from Ford and had them shipped to my house. One of the hinges was broken after I unboxed one of the cases. The missing piece could not be found. Its a cheap ass hinge, just plastic with a crease in it. I didn't think it would be a big deal to order a replacement but I can't find anything. Amazon, Ebay, google, etc. I even had a hard time finding the actual manufacturer contact information; figured they may just send me a new hinge. Its probably 2 cents to produce. Anybody have any information on where to find a replacement hinge or the actual company website?

broken-hinge.jpg
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I ordered a left and right swing case directly from Ford and had them shipped to my house. One of the hinges was broken after I unboxed one of the cases. The missing piece could not be found. Its a cheap ass hinge, just plastic with a crease in it. I didn't think it would be a big deal to order a replacement but I can't find anything. Amazon, Ebay, google, etc. I even had a hard time finding the actual manufacturer contact information; figured they may just send me a new hinge. Its probably 2 cents to produce. Anybody have any information on where to find a replacement hinge or the actual company website?

broken-hinge.jpg
The cases sold by Ford are actually made be Swingcase, just rebranded. I would actually contact Ford to have them replace the case. They are the ones that sold and shipped it to you. Was the packaging damaged when you received it. If so do you have any pictures of it. Might be a claim with the shipper.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
As Blue posted, SwingCase is the manufacturer, and if you get no service from Ford, contact SwingCase...bet they'll send you a replacement hinge or part on their dime.
Sponsored