First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
It looks like a big part of maintaining the performance of the shocks is regular inspection and cleaning. I would start to purchase tools to rebuild the shocks. it starts with being able to clamp the shocks correctly. I see if you do take them a part they do sell covers and boots to keep the dirt out.
Seals checked, shafts polished before they get too pitted, nitrogen refilled. I saw a Tacoma with Kings. Sad to see them rusting. That's the thing when you have toy's it just does not stop at purchasing them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
It looks like a big part of maintaining the performance of the shocks is regular inspection and cleaning. I would start to purchase tools to rebuild the shocks. it starts with being able to clamp the shocks correctly. I see if you do take them a part they do sell covers and boots to keep the dirt out.
Seals checked, shafts polished before they get too pitted, nitrogen refilled. I saw a Tacoma with Kings. Sad to see them rusting. That's the thing when you have toy's it just does not stop at purchasing them.
About 3 weeks ago I was washing my truck and while I had my soapy sponge in my hand I decided to go over my coilovers and Bajakits control arms so that they'll look good and what not. When it dried it was squeaky and by the next day it was unbearable and embarrassing. I normally put the triflo dry lube everywhere and it seemed to go away when I sprayed wd40 dry lube here
PXL_20210422_220930092.MP~2.jpg

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
About 3 weeks ago I was washing my truck and while I had my soapy sponge in my hand I decided to go over my coilovers and Bajakits control arms so that they'll look good and what not. When it dried it was squeaky and by the next day it was unbearable and embarrassing. I normally put the triflo dry lube everywhere and it seemed to go away when I sprayed wd40 dry lube here
PXL_20210422_220930092.MP~2.jpg
Can ICON be adjusted while it is installed? I had Fox and that is what sucks about it with Fox shocks. I need to save a bit $$$ and will move to ICON.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can ICON be adjusted while it is installed? I had Fox and that is what sucks about it with Fox shocks. I need to save a bit $$$ and will move to ICON.
The ride height with preload by adjusting the collar? Yes it's actually easier with the coilover installed just use a spanner wrench, but it's still not the easiest thing lol. Or the compression settings? Yes that can be adjusted by turning the knob. Not sure what you were referring to.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The ride height with preload by adjusting the collar? Yes it's actually easier with the coilover installed just use a spanner wrench, but it's still not the easiest thing lol. Or the compression settings? Yes that can be adjusted by turning the knob. Not sure what you were referring to.
Thanks, I just got a superlift 3.5 inch, and I had a Fox coilover in the front, we learned that to adjust the Fox height we have to basically remove it from the suspension and then adjust, my installer had to do it 2x and probably the third time after the truck settled. I heard that ICON can be adjust while it is installed and that will make it easier and cheaper in the long run. It cost money to have someone re-adjust the ride height and then re balance. I should have went with ICON.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I just got a superlift 3.5 inch, and I had a Fox coilover in the front, we learned that to adjust the Fox height we have to basically remove it from the suspension and then adjust, my installer had to do it 2x and probably the third time after the truck settled. I heard that ICON can be adjust while it is installed and that will make it easier and cheaper in the long run. It cost money to have someone re-adjust the ride height and then re balance. I should have went with ICON.
Well fox and icon give 2 completely different rides. I love the digressive piston on the icon because I drive fast and I don't like to slow down much for turns but with fox shocks I would have more body roll, of course you can tune them to get you closer to what you want. And yes I don't like pissing money down to get something redone.
Sponsored