First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Ops
Has this been done, or attempted yet? Seeing if anyone has done or seen a Supercab rear seat swap for a bench from the Supercrew.
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
My gut tells me it wouldn't be usable. The rear seatback would eat up about 3-5 inches, and the seat would add about the same amount in height and may hang over the base. I would guess car seats would be about the only thing you could get back there.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
From the eye ball test if you wanted the seat as a comfy platform for a dog it may work. As for having leg room for a human unlikely.

OP
OP
Deerhunder

Deerhunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Ops
My gut tells me it wouldn't be usable. The rear seatback would eat up about 3-5 inches, and the seat would add about the same amount in height and may hang over the base. I would guess car seats would be about the only thing you could get back there.
Yea, this would be for small children and/or a spoiled beagle dog. :facepalm: I have a full size 4 door Z71 and a Tahoe, so hauling kids and dog is not a problem. My new Ranger is my work commute/daily driver. I get more use out of the bigger bed of the Supercab, but would also get more use out of a small benchin the cab, even without legroom for adults. I just may take this on as a project. Maybe even build something custom.

OP
OP
Deerhunder

Deerhunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Ops
From the eye ball test if you wanted the seat as a comfy platform for a dog it may work. As for having leg room for a human unlikely.
You got it :thumbsup:

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
I don't want to pour sand in your vaseline, it's your truck, go for it. But, there are some threads of people removing seats and adding a dog platform. Kids? They are so flexible you could just put them in a suitcase in the box. I'm kidding, of course.

OP
OP
Deerhunder

Deerhunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Ops
I don't want to pour sand in your vaseline, it's your truck, go for it. But, there are some threads of people removing seats and adding a dog platform. Kids? They are so flexible you could just put them in a suitcase in the box. I'm kidding, of course.
Sand in Vaseline tends to polish things well :LOL: Platform idea noted...:thumbsup:

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
I am a Super Cab guy. I would make the floor flat. The 5G Rangers have a large drive shaft hump.
My 4G has a flatter floor where you could just throw down some blankets for a dog. 5G Ranger you have to build a platform to level the floor. Search the posts ! Some good ideas.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Has this been done, or attempted yet? Seeing if anyone has done or seen a Supercab rear seat swap for a bench from the Supercrew.
For my part, since there is just the wife and I using the truck--no kids or pets--I am hoping that there will be a "back-seat delete" option on all the next generation Rangers! At present, the back seat of our super-crew is lifted back to make room for two crates full of his-and-her sporting goods, walking sticks, shoes, raingear, and other assorted junk, but I would love to have an option to remove it entirely before leaving the dealer.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
For my part, since there is just the wife and I using the truck--no kids or pets--I am hoping that there will be a "back-seat delete" option on all the next generation Rangers! At present, the back seat of our super-crew is lifted back to make room for two crates full of his-and-her sporting goods, walking sticks, shoes, raingear, and other assorted junk, but I would love to have an option to remove it entirely before leaving the dealer.
Me too, just a wife, and only cats. Will probably get a dog when we retire to the mountains, but I also would probably keep the seats because very occasionally we will get visitors. During normal times if we get a dog I'll just find a solution to add a stable platform and protect the seats.