Still getting speaker pop after running remote wire to Alpine amp

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport SuperCrew 2wd
Okay so I have posted about this before a long time ago but I just now got around to running the remote wire for my KTA-450 Alpine amp for my door speakers. I am still getting the dreaded speaker pop everytime I unlock my doors, open my doors without the key in, etc. I was told running a remote wire would finally fix this issue but it has not. Literally changed nothing and now Im at my wits end and about to just yank the whole thing out again and just deal with the factory radio. I have also tried all the previous fixes that have to do with using Forscan and changing various audio settings to no avail. Anyone have any advice they can offer? The speaker pop is literally driving me insane!!!
Sponsored

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Where do you have the amp grounded and is the power directly on the battery terminal?

OP
OP

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where do you have the amp grounded and is the power directly on the battery terminal?
Amp is grounded to an existing ground screw behind the glove box (where I mounted the amp) and the power wire is ran straight to the battery. Remote wire I tapped into the door lock fuse #23 (i think) It only has power in acc, on with key on. The amp still seems to be doing its "remote sensing" function where it "auto senses" and turns on without radio actually being on. So it seems like anytime the radio gets a little burst of powe, IE unlocking, opening doors. I get speaker pop. And will get it several times if I leave a door open without key on.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Couple things to try:

- Relocate the unit ( even if only temporary), e.g. let it hang out of the glove box, etc. with as much slack as you have. See if it improves at all.

-Drill a separate ground, sand off the paint around where it screws in so you're metal to metal. Keep this wire as short as possible

- I would disconnect that remote wire while testing. It should come from the radio or the main ignition harness if possible.

Is your audio input RCA or speaker level to the amp?
Factory head unit or aftermarket?

Sniffing out noise is a tough task.

OP
OP

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple things to try:

- Relocate the unit ( even if only temporary), e.g. let it hang out of the glove box, etc. with as much slack as you have. See if it improves at all.

-Drill a separate ground, sand off the paint around where it screws in so you're metal to metal. Keep this wire as short as possible

- I would disconnect that remote wire while testing. It should come from the radio or the main ignition harness if possible.

Is your audio input RCA or speaker level to the amp?
Factory head unit or aftermarket?

Sniffing out noise is a tough task.
It's not really noise though. The speakers only pop when I unlock the car or open the doors before I start the truck. So basically anytime the radio screen turns on this amp is sensing it and sending a signal to the speakers I guess? And they are popping. I've tried all the suggestions. Turning on the line out via Forscan, disabling the DSP via Forscan. And most recently today I finally ran a true "remote turn on" wire to the amps remote turn on to hopefully diasble the amps "Auto sensing" function and get rid of the pop. Nothing has helped. Switching the dip switch on the Alpine from speaker level to RCA does nothing but make the music louder when switching to RCA. Still pops when key is off but radio is "on" but not playing music if that makes sense.

This is with the factory head unit in place. I can try a new ground I suppose maybe sense im using a shared ground its getting a false signal or something?? I dont know. but I have done everything suggested to no avail.

OP
OP

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So in other words... When the truck is running and the radio is actually on and producing sound i have 0 issues. I only get the pops when the truck has been off for awhile and i either unlock it with the fob or open a door with the truck off, and it will continue to pop about every 30 seconds if I leave a door open. Even when the radio screen shuts off. So something keeps telling the amp to turn on when it shouldn't be and I am losing my mind over it lol

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Does it still pop if the remote wire is removed from the door lock fuse?

OP
OP

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it still pop if the remote wire is removed from the door lock fuse?
Yes the whole reason I ran the remote wire in the first place was to try and get rid of the pop. Ive been dealing with the speaker pop and this amp since I installed it months ago. It was popping before I ran the remote wire. Remote wire actually made NO DIFFERENCE. Which is weird and part of the reason im pulling my hair out over this lol.

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Buy yourself an Audio Control LC2i, power it with same power supply as amp, remote turn on from same power source as amp and you won't need a remote turn on from another source. Ground at the same spot as the amp. It will turn on when the power turns on.

OP
OP

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buy yourself an Audio Control LC2i, power it with same power supply as amp, remote turn on from same power source as amp and you won't need a remote turn on from another source. Ground at the same spot as the amp. It will turn on when the power turns on.
Thanks for the suggestion but I'd rather not drop another $100 on something else. I know people have installed similar amps without pop I just don't understand why mine is doing it lol. But if it ultimately comes down to it ill break down and buy that I guess.

OP
OP

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may try switching amp brands and just run one that does NOT have the "auto sense" turn on technology because im 99% sure thats my problem.

Emanuel22

First Name
Emanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021
Occupation
Elec. Tech.
I have a LC2i pro and I'm having almost the same problem, when I open a door you can here the turn on of the audio and sometimes pops and yeah its really annoying. I also tried the audio signal to turn on and makes the same or even worst because when the truck is like 2 minutes off you can here the subwoofers poping like 5 times... remote is provided by the LC2i pro. To minimize the problem I turn on the truck fast after opening a door because if I wait it makes the pop seconds later or turn it on with remote start thats even better.
Sponsored