Problems after installing Alpine KTA450 amp to factory head unit

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport SuperCrew 2wd
So i got this thing all back in and installed and made the necessary forscan changes :
ACM
727-01-01 xx50 xxxx xxxx (variable line level audio output)
727-01-02 00xx (turns off factory EQ)

Both of which seemed to work. However now Im still hearing speaker pop whenever I first open a door and only when i do that. It eliminated the pop for turning the truck off etc. But still I can hear a slight pop from the speaker when i first open a door with the truck having been off.

Second issue that I havent seen anyone mention on here after doing this... My door chimes and alerts (ie backup sensors) are all now EXTREMELY LOUD with no way of turning them down unless I turn the gain all the way down on the amps which kind of defeats the purpose? Any settings in the ACM for the door chimes and maybe turn them down or off??

HELP PLEASE! It's driving me nuts I have wasted a lot of time on this lol
Sponsored

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
So i got this thing all back in and installed and made the necessary forscan changes :
ACM
727-01-01 xx50 xxxx xxxx (variable line level audio output)
727-01-02 00xx (turns off factory EQ)

Both of which seemed to work. However now Im still hearing speaker pop whenever I first open a door and only when i do that. It eliminated the pop for turning the truck off etc. But still I can hear a slight pop from the speaker when i first open a door with the truck having been off.

Second issue that I havent seen anyone mention on here after doing this... My door chimes and alerts (ie backup sensors) are all now EXTREMELY LOUD with no way of turning them down unless I turn the gain all the way down on the amps which kind of defeats the purpose? Any settings in the ACM for the door chimes and maybe turn them down or off??

HELP PLEASE! It's driving me nuts I have wasted a lot of time on this lol
im not sure about the first part of your problem, but with forscan you can change the chime to the instrument cluster instead of the speakers

OP
OP

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
im not sure about the first part of your problem, but with forscan you can change the chime to the instrument cluster instead of the speakers
I did do that and that eliminated that problem thankfully

OP
OP

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This turn off the ability to adjust the eq via the head unit? or?

Is your gain on the amp just set too high?
No you can still adjust bass, treble, etc. Via headunit. Not sure what it does exactly. I don't even think I have the gain above half so I don't think its too high either.

Also even with turning the setting off I still get speaker pops randomly when unlocking the truck or opening doors with key off/ truck off. Going to go ahead and run a remote turn on wire to see if that helps.
Sponsored