Soft roll-up tonneau + racks (non-RTT needs)

JBro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 XLT FX4
Occupation
Army veteran/student
It's been a while since I've seen any discussion on this. I have a Truxedo Lo Pro with Elevate TS rails to allow the mounting of bed racks. Research thus far has led me to narrow my choices to Yakima Overhaul HD and the Vantech rack system. I'll be hauling canoes and kayaks occasionally, and would like to steer away from the overlanding-style rack systems.

Has anyone gone this route?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fomocodt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tremor
Occupation
Automotive technician
I was curious if you had any pictures posted of your truxedo cover and how your experience has been? I am considering getting the same one you stated, however wanted to see how it has worked for you?

Weird question, is it weatherproof? I don't expect it to keep all the water out, but If I were to put suitcases back there on a road trip, would it keep them relatively dry?

OP
OP
JBro

JBro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 XLT FX4
Occupation
Army veteran/student
I was curious if you had any pictures posted of your truxedo cover and how your experience has been? I am considering getting the same one you stated, however wanted to see how it has worked for you?

Weird question, is it weatherproof? I don't expect it to keep all the water out, but If I were to put suitcases back there on a road trip, would it keep them relatively dry?
I'll post some pictures soon. I am very happy with the setup currently! Weatherproof? Meh. Weather resistant? Yes. Although this summer has been bone dry, I did drive thru (and park in) a deluge of rain and from Billings, MT to CDA, Idaho in early June. A few drips got in around the tailgate. I've taken it thru the car wash and more water gets in that way, but still vey little. With that said, if I didn't have the Elevate rails (which are installed first, then the tonneau), the seal would be even better--especially around the tailgate and corners near the cab. But I have no qualms with hauling stuff in the bed in the elements.
Sponsored