Slamming my doors!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Is it just me, or does everyone getting out of the Ranger slam the doors? Are they too light? Am I too sensitive to this dilemma? I thought about adding some Sound Deadening to the doors for sound, but also to make them a bit heavier. Im gonna strangle my kid if she slams my door again!!!!!
Not naming names (husband & grandson :giggle: ), but everytime a passenger rides with me they slam the doors. Ughhh!
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yelled at my wife and 13 year old grandson for doing this all weekend. Feel like an ass, and was thinking I am just being too sensitive. Maybe it is the doors that are making them do it.
Yes, they slam easily. I seem to be the only one at my house able to close it normally.:crazy:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
is this a supercrew thing?

we have the supercab, and both my wife and i find that if we dont slam the door (the non-suicide/primary door) if sometimes doesnt latch completely.

i guess we could spend a lot of time gently but forcefully closing it, but why?

on a related note, i actually thought slamming the car door was an american tradition. ive found that in some countries the locals are absolutely horrified when i toss the door shut instead of gently and silently pushing it close until it latches. and they complain that us americans always are slamming their doors. y'all would do well in Bolivia.
Mine is a Supercrew & it seems extremely loud and teeth jarring when someone slams the door. Definitely makes me cringe.:)

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O.K., the doors are light, but surely they are "built Ford tough" enough to withstand the occasional slams of girlfriends, daughters, wives, etc.? So what is the problem? Sorry, I don't get it....
If ONLY it was occasional! :headbang: :crackup:

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
My girlfriend does the same and it drives me crazy and it's even worse if the window is open. She's like 5' nothing and you'd think she was a WWE star the way she slams everything from the truck door to the refrigerator. :facepalm:
Hi Dave,

My wife, 5' 1' has a mighty arm and slams the passenger side door quite easily. I gently talked to her and to her credit she has been quite gentle....now if I could just get her to keep her feet off the dash...drives me crazy having clean foot prints off the dash....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
My wife is also 5foot and always slams the door. It must be a short wife thing.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
The door slamming must be a universal trait among short women. Allowing the door to swing open and boomerang back and forth a few times also bugs me.

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
My 80 year old mom actually cringes when she shuts my door...she feels like she's slamming it as well..lol

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Is it just me, or does everyone getting out of the Ranger slam the doors? Are they too light? Am I too sensitive to this dilemma? I thought about adding some Sound Deadening to the doors for sound, but also to make them a bit heavier. Im gonna strangle my kid if she slams my door again!!!!!
When the windows are rolled up and only the one door is opened, then the door doesn't "slam"

If you have another door open or a window down it eliminates the air resistance which prevents "slamming".

hkusptac

First Name
Teo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
I noticed that when I parked on a steep incline and opened the door they are actually very heavy. The hinge alignment must have not been calibrated which make them slam easily. Hope someone makes a mod for this.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
My wife slams the door also....5'2" so it just might be a short woman thing. Or it just might be she is used to shutting her '13 F-150. Those are heavy doors compared to the Ranger.

GaryMc

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat RWD, 2019 Lincoln Nautilus
Occupation
Retired
Door slamming is something I have noticed since day 1. For the first several days, when I would let my wife out at the door of a business or restaurant while I went to park, she would slam the door – HARD.
Being the typical clueless male, my first thoughts were, “What did I do to piss HER off???”

Then, I started noticing that EVERYONE who ever rides with me slams the door. My wife, my friends, my grown kids, and even my <100 lb. granddaughter.

Maybe it is just the difference in craftsmanship, but when we get out of my wife’s Lincoln Nautilus, it makes a muffled “whoomp” sound when we close the doors. The Ranger has more of a cheap, lightweight metallic sound.

Luckily, I am the only one going places in my Ranger about 95% of the time so I don't have to cringe very often!!

DJRPM4131

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Door slamming is something I have noticed since day 1. For the first several days, when I would let my wife out at the door of a business or restaurant while I went to park, she would slam the door – HARD.
Being the typical clueless male, my first thoughts were, “What did I do to piss HER off???”

Then, I started noticing that EVERYONE who ever rides with me slams the door. My wife, my friends, my grown kids, and even my <100 lb. granddaughter.

Maybe it is just the difference in craftsmanship, but when we get out of my wife’s Lincoln Nautilus, it makes a muffled “whoomp” sound when we close the doors. The Ranger has more of a cheap, lightweight metallic sound.

Luckily, I am the only one going places in my Ranger about 95% of the time so I don't have to cringe very often!!
I have noticed everyone but me seems to slam the door as well.
I thought maybe it was just me becoming a Grumpy Old Man.
I guess if that is our biggest problem then we are just fine.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Public Service Announcement

Well, here it is...total man-splainin that will really piss off the women in your life, but actually fairly intelligent explanations, Enjoy :lipssealed:

Nick Barber

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat, FX4, White Platinum, Chrome, Tow
Occupation
Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The kids slam the hell out of the rear doors no matter how often I remind then not to. Wife likes to fling open the passenger door and let it bounce off the limiter. I guess I should have bought an old beater instead.
Sponsored