19JPK90

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Hey all,

I am brand new to the forum and the brand new owner of a 2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 crew cab as of yesterday. While marveling at it earlier and cleaning up some spots that the dealership detailer missed, I noticed what looks to be silicone, or something similar, on the passenger side between the bed and cab (Pic below). I recognize this is likely not something to worry about, but am curious if anyone else has found this on their truck or can help figure out what it is?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

A
7F00DA25-B2B9-4452-8BCF-BA9E01F25EB3.jpeg
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

I am brand new to the forum and the brand new owner of a 2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 crew cab as of yesterday. While marveling at it earlier and cleaning up some spots that the dealership detailer missed, I noticed what looks to be silicone, or something similar, on the passenger side between the bed and cab (Pic below). I recognize this is likely not something to worry about, but am curious if anyone else has found this on their truck or can help figure out what it is?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

A
7F00DA25-B2B9-4452-8BCF-BA9E01F25EB3.jpeg
Hi Josh,

I am unclear where this is specifically located from this picture... Can you back off a bit to help with the location? Looks like a sealant gun application went amiss but not normally found in the assembly process unless the truck went into a repair slot after the final line inspection...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Josh,

I am unclear where this is specifically located from this picture... Can you back off a bit to help with the location? Looks like a sealant gun application went amiss but not normally found in the assembly process unless the truck went into a repair slot after the final line inspection...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil,

It's right between the rear window and the front of the bulkhead. Almost looks like they had to repair/replace the rear window and forgot to clean up the silicone?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Phil,

It's right between the rear window and the front of the bulkhead. Almost looks like they had to repair/replace the rear window and forgot to clean up the silicone?
Hi Dave,

Thanks! Yep...looks like a repair and sloppy cleanup. More likely at the dealer than at the assembly plant, but who knows....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking for a big boob job...click bait:rolleyes:

OP
OP

19JPK90

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Hi Dave,

Thanks! Yep...looks like a repair and sloppy cleanup. More likely at the dealer than at the assembly plant, but who knows....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hmmm...interesting. Any ideas on how I can find out if there was damage that was repaired by the dealership? They didn’t mention anything like that to me during the buying process (not that I would have expected them to) so I don’t think asking them will get me anywhere.
Sponsored