SE Texas

First Name
AB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4; 2014 Infiniti Q50
Houston. Westchase District here. Just bought my (used) 2019 Ranger FX4.

My previous ride was a Subaru Outback that we abused taking it on an overland trip to Colorado. My wife and I are planning to do more of that in the future.

Check in if you're an overlander / offroader / softroader here.

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
Slow to the game here...I actually live out in Willis but work over off the BW near the airport.

When I get on the Hardy I see one or two a day generally. Sometimes a white XL, sometimes a Grey, and once saw a Lightning Blue 4x4.

When someone gets a chance and when it gets COOLER I'd like to have a training session on how to use FORSCAN.

R_B

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD
Occupation
Retired
In Southwest Houston-W. Airport area ATM, still back & forth from the FM 529-Greenhouse area.
2019 XLT SuperCrew 4WD FX4.
Spotted a white work truck in my old neighborhood on FM 529-Greenhouse Road. Also silver one and a blue one at Kroger's.
Thanks, Robert
20191205_153731edit.jpg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
2020 Race Red XLT SuperCrew with Black Package 2wd. Just a killer looking truck. Bought at the end of May.

Looking to add a Bug shield/Deflector and a Tonneau cover. Feel free to offer suggestions.
Hi Bryan,

Duct tape your wallet with several layers... These mods as many Forum members can testify consume $$$$ quite rapidly.... :)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

SuperBford

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
education
Hi Bryan,

Duct tape your wallet with several layers... These mods as many Forum members can testify consume $$$$ quite rapidly.... :)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Yeah, there are a few things I need.. and will get... and many things I don't think I need, but I will want to get....

FirstRanger011

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD FX4
Hey all,

just bought mine 3 weeks ago. Working remote so haven’t been on the road too much. White Fx4 XLT. Down in the heights area. Bought a gator Tonneau for a little over 200 last week. Easy install and I love it. Definitely recommend! Still haven’t gotten my real plates yet which is driving me crazy!

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Hey all,

just bought mine 3 weeks ago. Working remote so haven’t been on the road too much. White Fx4 XLT. Down in the heights area. Bought a gator Tonneau for a little over 200 last week. Easy install and I love it. Definitely recommend! Still haven’t gotten my real plates yet which is driving me crazy!
Hey Collin the way the dmv is operating I hope you have a good experience with all the wait times.
I got lucky and only had to wait for 15 minutes. :)

SuperBford

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
education
Hey all,

I purchased at the end of May and didn't get my plates until Mid September. Never got pulled over though. The police know everything is behind.

FirstRanger011

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD FX4
Hey all,

Any one know of any good trails to hit in/around the Houston area?

Not looking for any major off roading, maybe just a good trail that I can get the truck on.

Berk84

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

Any one know of any good trails to hit in/around the Houston area?

Not looking for any major off roading, maybe just a good trail that I can get the truck on.
Definitely curious as well.
Sponsored