Schematic and harness for headlights

BMalm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Range XLT
I have a 2020 Ranger XLT and I'm wondering if anyone has a wire schematic for the front headlight harness? There are eight wires in this harness I believe and I'd like to know what each one does. Also, does anyone know of a harness extender? A short harness that plugs into the existing harness to make it longer?
Thanks!
Sponsored

Jfleming

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4wd Supercab, 1996 Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Fireman
This is for the left side, the right side is similar. I do not know about any extension for this, I guess you could make one or tap the original harness. I would be careful since the body control module powers the lights, it probably wouldn't like to see an abnormally large load on the circuit.
1.JPG
2.JPG

HG Ludick

First Name
Gerhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Project Manager
This is for the left side, the right side is similar. I do not know about any extension for this, I guess you could make one or tap the original harness. I would be careful since the body control module powers the lights, it probably wouldn't like to see an abnormally large load on the circuit.
1.JPG
2.JPG

Do you perhaps have the same diagrams for the right hand side?

HG Ludick

First Name
Gerhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Project Manager
Do you perhaps have the same diagrams for the right hand side?

HG Ludick

First Name
Gerhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Project Manager
Thank you, much appreciated

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger lariat 2023 Cactus grey
Occupation
paramedic
sorry to ewvive an old post but is there a way to purchase both end plug? the one on the wiring harness and the one on the back of the housing?

BronzedAussie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak + 2019 Wildtrak + 2007 XR5 Turbo
sorry to ewvive an old post but is there a way to purchase both end plug? the one on the wiring harness and the one on the back of the housing?
I'm in Australia so this may or may not help you, but when I wanted to muck around tapping in accessory DRLs without touching the factory wiring, I grabbed a couple of plug and play harnesses meant for installing driving lights. Since I didn't actually want to install driving lights though, I made sure the style of harness spliced these in rather than routed out to them and back again. I don't know lots about this stuff (I'm learning heaps!) but I figured that was important for the continuity of the factory high beam circuit.

There are heaps of them around if you google PX3 Ranger lightbar harness. I think I got these ones:

https://www.forbesbatteries.com.au/...ghts/driving-light-piggy-back-adaptor-ranger/

Worked a treat for my grill lights and fog surround DRLs. Now, if I could only figure out what I'm doing wrong trying to wire the indicator part of these fog surround lights ...?

20221105_200025~2.jpg

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
paramedic
Thanks mate!! This is exactly what I was looking for!! Too bad I am not in your area, I would had helped with the indicator light!!

Now, how much shipping for Canada ??‍♂

BronzedAussie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As a citizen I can post something like this out to Canada for around $25 including tracking, so if you're getting gouged feel free to PM me. I know the pain, I paid US$150 for shipping of a North American part only to find out I didn't fit hahaha :facepalm:

Turns out the thing I was doing wrong was following the wiring diagram in this thread! Not finding an equivalent diagram in the AU manuals I assumed they must be the same (though I had noticed we have one wire less). Anyway in going back to first principles I decided to touch the wire to the side of the actual indicator bulb while flashing and viola! Silly me then quickly saw our indicator wires branch out of the loom before this plug! Sometimes the complexity of this car brainwashes me into thinking things are far more complicated than they atually are. Because just as many times simple things have been overcomplicated - like the correct place to attach a battery charger for example. Fun and games ? made all the better thanks to forums like this.

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
paramedic
As a citizen I can post something like this out to Canada for around $25 including tracking, so if you're getting gouged feel free to PM me. I know the pain, I paid US$150 for shipping of a North American part only to find out I didn't fit hahaha :facepalm:

Turns out the thing I was doing wrong was following the wiring diagram in this thread! Not finding an equivalent diagram in the AU manuals I assumed they must be the same (though I had noticed we have one wire less). Anyway in going back to first principles I decided to touch the wire to the side of the actual indicator bulb while flashing and viola! Silly me then quickly saw our indicator wires branch out of the loom before this plug! Sometimes the complexity of this car brainwashes me into thinking things are far more complicated than they atually are. Because just as many times simple things have been overcomplicated - like the correct place to attach a battery charger for example. Fun and games ? made all the better thanks to forums like this.
as soon as I have my VIN for my truck Ill send you a message for 2 adaptors! I have a project planned with Strands lights and I will need that adaptor!

Tlinnell

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX3 Wildtrak
Occupation
Sales
I'm in Australia so this may or may not help you, but when I wanted to muck around tapping in accessory DRLs without touching the factory wiring, I grabbed a couple of plug and play harnesses meant for installing driving lights. Since I didn't actually want to install driving lights though, I made sure the style of harness spliced these in rather than routed out to them and back again. I don't know lots about this stuff (I'm learning heaps!) but I figured that was important for the continuity of the factory high beam circuit.

There are heaps of them around if you google PX3 Ranger lightbar harness. I think I got these ones:

https://www.forbesbatteries.com.au/...ghts/driving-light-piggy-back-adaptor-ranger/

Worked a treat for my grill lights and fog surround DRLs. Now, if I could only figure out what I'm doing wrong trying to wire the indicator part of these fog surround lights ...?

20221105_200025~2.jpg
Hey mate,

Was the additional loom/plug picking up power from DRL’s or Highbeams?
I’m looking to wire in DRL’s in my light bar. Don’t want to slice a loom if I can avoid it.

Trent

BronzedAussie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey mate,

Was the additional loom/plug picking up power from DRL’s or Highbeams?
I’m looking to wire in DRL’s in my light bar. Don’t want to slice a loom if I can avoid it.

Trent
The harness I linked to passes through everything and splices a connection into the high beams. So you can tap into whatever you need without touching the factory loom (BCM's feelings notwithstanding). As my pic shows, I used it to tap into DRLs. Just follow the wiring diagram here to locate the pins, and ignore the US indicator one if you're in AU.

Lopsy1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Technician

20221105_200025~2.jpg
Hi BronzedAussie, do you have drawings of lights connector fo Australian Ranger? I have 2021 Wildtrak model. I'm trying to find out which pin is for DRL. Thank you kindly.
Sponsored