RUSTBELT RANGERS

Deleted member 1634

I'm paying more than that for gas and have the "privilege" of having to deal with rust. The joys of living in the Great White North.
Yeah, Canada is on another level with gas prices. Recently took a trip around Lake Superior, through Ontario, and damn was that a couple of expensive stops.
Sponsored

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
I'm paying more than that for gas and have the "privilege" of having to deal with rust. The joys of living in the Great White North.
Wow really? I went to Whistler in July and it seemed like gas prices were about the same, might of done the math wrong though

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger Ė‹19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
Avoid car washes until spring or when they stop salting the damn roads and FFS don't use an undercarriage wash if you oil undercoated. You'll blow all the oil off and then have no protection at all. Oil is your only salvation up here.
cā€˜mom wax does itā€˜s job, too :beer:

edit: typo

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It seems like, something should be done about this. You pay alot of money for a vehicle, then you pay taxes for the government to rust it out. I understand they are keeping the roads clear, but its almost 2020 and they have not figured out a better way ? With the crap we can do now and days, I know their is a better and safer way. Something needs to change. Maybe, the car companies need a better undercoating for vehicles.
But than nobody would buy new and newer cars and the poor industry gets what they call negativ growing ...:crazy::beer:

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well for all the bullsh1t taxes we pay like over $4/gal for gas in CA, Iā€™m sure glad we donā€™t have to worry about our rigs rusting away. Get a decent amount of snow where Iā€™m at but temperatures fluctuate enough it melts off

B8BAFD02-1A65-43C6-9C4B-79886D38578A.jpeg
Man what u complain about? We have to pay 5.12 $ per gal DIESEL here in GER. :piggybank:

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Man what u complain about? We have to pay 5.12 $ per gal DIESEL here in GER. :piggybank:
I've paid that for diesel. And then convert that into Canadian dollars. Probably closer to $6

Deleted member 1634

All the salt is under there, but is covered by snow, ice, and the sand they've been putting on the road instead, since it's too cold for treatment to work. haha

IMG_20191213_114623525_HDR.jpg

Deleted member 1634

Also, as a side note, have you guys figured out your foot clapping routine for this truck yet? I find myself still having to think it through every time I am about to get in. Instead of stepping in first like I usually have to in order to climb in, I end up hopping up onto the seat, clap the snow and gunk off my feet, and then swinging them in. It works, but still feels awkward and not at all subconscious yet. Running boards would help I'm sure, and are on my list to get, but I don't have them now.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Also, as a side note, have you guys figured out your foot clapping routine for this truck yet? I find myself still having to think it through every time I am about to get in. Instead of stepping in first like I usually have to in order to climb in, I end up hopping up onto the seat, clap the snow and gunk off my feet, and then swinging them in. It works, but still feels awkward and not at all subconscious yet. Running boards would help I'm sure, and are on my list to get, but I don't have them now.
I've been doing exactly that for so many years that it is just habit now. Have never had running boards on a truck and never will either, so I just hop up onto the seat, feet dangling outside and clap them a few times.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I step on the running board and clap them on the running board one at a time as I slide into the seat.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Matt,

Forgot this as we do not have to do any clapping in Arizona....:)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Deleted member 1634

I've been doing exactly that for so many years that it is just habit now. Have never had running boards on a truck and never will either, so I just hop up onto the seat, feet dangling outside and clap them a few times.
I've always had lower vehicles, so never had to step UP into the cab, thus making it easier to just sit and clap without having to hop up onto the seat first. Maybe I just need to take time and get used to it.
Sponsored