First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Self Employed
Hey guys. Today my buddy dropped a hammer getting it out of my truck. Luckily it didn’t hit the truck but It did it the black running boards. Not the plastic step area. It hit metal. Anyways there’s a scratch that just chaps my———. I know it was a accident but it happens. Is there a paint for this or a touch up. My uncle works at a auto body shop and they don’t carry it or is not sure why to use. So HeLP!!!
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Battle scares, we all get 'em. Me, I would just touch it up with some black paint, and try to forget about that scratch. Sorry, I don't know of any special touch up paint for the step bars.

Deleted member 1634

If it's the OEM boards, they're aluminum so shouldn't be any corrosion concerns. I would just get some black touch up paint and give it a quick swipe.

OP
OP
Taykel

Taykel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
If it's the OEM boards, they're aluminum so shouldn't be any corrosion concerns. I would just get some black touch up paint and give it a quick swipe.
Ya I tried that but it appears the paint is powered coated so there’s a thickness issue.

OP
OP
Taykel

Taykel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
Problem fixed.
what I did was use the wives finger nail polish and used it for the thickness. Then I used a black paint pen. It’s still noticeable but u have to look very hard
Sponsored