First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Building Designer
Here's my roll bar - not exactly what you're looking for but just to give you some ideas
IMG_0136 (1).jpg
IMG_0135.jpg
IMG_0137 (3).jpg
Sponsored

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Thank you for looking and for the reply. I searched the forums for headache rack and couldn't find anything similar. I really just want it for the way it looks. It's the first of the mods I'll be doing.

Thanks again!
they used to call these razorbacks i always had them on my older fords 80's-90's. Not sure what they are called now.

OP
OP

MORPHINE

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Firefighter Paramedic
I remember razorbacks, I think I'm old lol. I'm receiving it in Monday and will post pictures of just the wing once I get it. I'll do fit testing and then off to the body shop for some chili pepper red paint....

Smmoookin'

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Canada shows this on their website. with a nice sideplate that goes with it, but dayyyyuuuuum....the price......

https://accessories.ford.ca/bed-products/bed-rails/bar-asy-sports-12445.html

https://accessories.ford.ca/bed-products/bed-rails/kit-side-plate.html
there is a nice one on ebay that is 649 shipped with the plates. And i have seen it as low as 550 during a sale.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EGR-SBAR0112-Black-Sports-Bar/124202514814?fits=Year:2019|Model:Ranger|Make:Ford&hash=item1ceb0bf97e:g:zPEAAOSwPuFewu2f

Yellowtoy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. Ranger Wildtrack
Occupation
Crane Operator
How is it coming along Morphine?

OP
OP

MORPHINE

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Firefighter Paramedic
Sorry for the absence and lack of posting. My wife was diagnosed with a pretty bad health problem. She's had 2 surgeries, so everything is on hold now. Before that shitstorm hit, my body shop wants to wrap it instead of paint it. It's does fit perfectly on an XLT super cab btw. Sometimes life gets in the way.

FiestaRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Veterinary Assistant
Sorry to hear about your wife Morphine.

I just recently bought a 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 SuperCrew in Saber, picking it up sometime next week.

I'm in the same boat, tracking down the Aussie Ranger Wildtrak's sports bar/razorback/sailplane (another name I heard it goes by), as well as the Wildtrak's roof rails and running boards. I have the Wildtrak decals already and rims on order for my "Project Wildtrak" I have to say while the roof rails (minus risking setting off the airbags) and running boards I don't think will have any compatibility issues between our USA/Canada-spec Rangers and I'll have a professional do the installing, I'm a little on the fence with the sports bar, so I'll be curious how your project goes. I've heard from two suppliers I was corresponding with that one (from New Zealand) saw our Rangers and isn't confident the part will fit due to subtle differences in the two models and the other was an eBay seller from the USA who was selling his saying to me:

"From what I can see, the contour of the bed rail is not the same shape as the portion of the bar that sits on the bed rail. Either the bed rail will have to be modified or the bar, or a filler will have to be fabricated to fit both. I never tried the main part of the bar to see if that fits or not."

I did notice from photos on the net aside from our Rangers having a third brake light with cargo/flood lights and a tailgate with integrated spoiler I didn't see much difference in the two truck's beds overall.

OP
OP

MORPHINE

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Firefighter Paramedic
Hey Guys,
Sorry it's been so long.... I had full intentions on posting my project and am just now in a place I can start working on my new "CPO" truck. I totaled my hot pepper ranger on the way back from work one night when I was having a rough patch. Watching a loved one on chemo sucks in the worst way. The good news is that my wife is on the other side of that crap and I am back to projects.

A few weeks ago I purchased a lightning blue supercab to replace my other Ranger. I called the body shop where I left my wing, and they said that they sold it after 9 months of not hearing from me. They confirmed that they held it up to a new Ranger and that it wasn't a flush fit. Of course for around $1500 bucks, they could paint/alter it and make it look perfect.. Can't blame them at all and they gave me a $600 credit on ceramic coating. I'm waiting for the Ranger Raptor or a 2-Door Bronco next so I am not going to end up doing this project. Thanks for the kind words and look forward to the other forums. (Just posted in the dash cover section). Take it easy.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Hey Guys,
Sorry it's been so long.... I had full intentions on posting my project and am just now in a place I can start working on my new "CPO" truck. I totaled my hot pepper ranger on the way back from work one night when I was having a rough patch. Watching a loved one on chemo sucks in the worst way. The good news is that my wife is on the other side of that crap and I am back to projects.

A few weeks ago I purchased a lightning blue supercab to replace my other Ranger. I called the body shop where I left my wing, and they said that they sold it after 9 months of not hearing from me. They confirmed that they held it up to a new Ranger and that it wasn't a flush fit. Of course for around $1500 bucks, they could paint/alter it and make it look perfect.. Can't blame them at all and they gave me a $600 credit on ceramic coating. I'm waiting for the Ranger Raptor or a 2-Door Bronco next so I am not going to end up doing this project. Thanks for the kind words and look forward to the other forums. (Just posted in the dash cover section). Take it easy.
That is good news about your wife, and that your back to working on projects. Life has a way of prioritizing things.

I've always kind of liked the "razorback" look... so I'm a bit bummed out that your not pursuing this on your Ranger.

Did you post any photo's of your new SuperCab?

Happy Trails :like:

FiestaRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Veterinary Assistant
I had one those Aussie/International Ranger Wildtrak "sports bar/sail plane" imported back in 2021 as I wanted to for a project create a "North American spec" Wildtrak on my 2020 Ranger Lariat.

Unfortunately I can confirm when my local autobody shop went to attempt the job, that part according to them couldn't be installed. The measurements he said were sound, the problem is that the plastic bed rail caps on our Rangers not only got in the way but after removing them discovered the Aussie/International Ranger likely has differences in the bed's sheet metal meaning in order to get that part to fit would involve cutting the bed etc.

Needless to say I opted not to install that sports bar. On an unrelated note I can confirm the Australian Ranger Wildtrak's roof rails (with some tweaking) and running boards are able to be installed on our Rangers.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I had one those Aussie/International Ranger Wildtrak "sports bar/sail plane" imported back in 2021 as I wanted to for a project create a "North American spec" Wildtrak on my 2020 Ranger Lariat.

Unfortunately I can confirm when my local autobody shop went to attempt the job, that part according to them couldn't be installed. The measurements he said were sound, the problem is that the plastic bed rail caps on our Rangers not only got in the way but after removing them discovered the Aussie/International Ranger likely has differences in the bed's sheet metal meaning in order to get that part to fit would involve cutting the bed etc.

Needless to say I opted not to install that sports bar. On an unrelated note I can confirm the Australian Ranger Wildtrak's roof rails (with some tweaking) and running boards are able to be installed on our Rangers.
Cutting the bed, under the plastic covers... so what's the issue? Did they not have the capability to do that, or was it too expensive?

FiestaRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Veterinary Assistant
Cutting the bed, under the plastic covers... so what's the issue? Did they not have the capability to do that, or was it too expensive?
What made me abort having the Wildtrak sports bar installed was a combination of cost and the autobody crew telling me they didn't feel confident in taking the job on. Their estimate was approx $2000 Canadian. I did go to two other autobody shops in my town, one gave me a similar estimate and the other wasn't even going to go near such a project.

From what they could discern from a visual inspection and comparing a photo the international Ford Ranger's bed (attached photo), the Wildtrak sports bar appears to be a simple drop-in and bolt-on, however their bed rails are different in design. We removed a bed rail cap from my Ranger and discovered it wasn't just different but the area was convex.
We then thought about shaving down the Wildtrak sports bar's rails as they were also convex but the problem was the part would not sit level with the truck's roof, it would sit higher whether or not we removed the bed rail caps. Cutting portions of the bed rails seemed like the best option, but again the cost and lack of confidence the work crew expressed made me swallow my pride and opt out. Plus there was no guarantee it was going to still fit, and it is a $51,000 truck I bought after all.

Importing a Wildtrak sports bar to Canada only cost me $600 so it wasn't a total loss, just unfortunate the part couldn't fit, was really looking forward to it.

Pro-form-Bedliner-under-the-rail-to-fit-with-OE-Cargohooks-3.jpg

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
What made me abort having the Wildtrak sports bar installed was a combination of cost and the autobody crew telling me they didn't feel confident in taking the job on. Their estimate was approx $2000 Canadian. I did go to two other autobody shops in my town, one gave me a similar estimate and the other wasn't even going to go near such a project.

From what they could discern from a visual inspection and comparing a photo the international Ford Ranger's bed (attached photo), the Wildtrak sports bar appears to be a simple drop-in and bolt-on, however their bed rails are different in design. We removed a bed rail cap from my Ranger and discovered it wasn't just different but the area was convex.
We then thought about shaving down the Wildtrak sports bar's rails as they were also convex but the problem was the part would not sit level with the truck's roof, it would sit higher whether or not we removed the bed rail caps. Cutting portions of the bed rails seemed like the best option, but again the cost and lack of confidence the work crew expressed made me swallow my pride and opt out. Plus there was no guarantee it was going to still fit, and it is a $51,000 truck I bought after all.

Importing a Wildtrak sports bar to Canada only cost me $600 so it wasn't a total loss, just unfortunate the part couldn't fit, was really looking forward to it.

Pro-form-Bedliner-under-the-rail-to-fit-with-OE-Cargohooks-3.jpg
Thanks for the reply.

What is the Wildtrak sports bar material of construction?

FiestaRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Veterinary Assistant
Thanks for the reply.

What is the Wildtrak sports bar material of construction?
Painted ABS Plastic.
I believe the weight was around 60 lbs, the majority of that weight being in the "arch" portion of the Wildtrak sports bar. Also mine came in 3 pieces, the 2 black side rails which the silver "insert" actually pops off to reveal what appeared to be bolt down holes (drilling the Ranger appears likely) and the "arch" which has the third brake light and wiring (no cargo bed lights). The whole unit itself felt sturdy.

For assembly from what I recall the Wildtrak sports bar arch connects to its side rails, and all three parts have their own bolt down holes. The arch appeared visually to use the same bolts holes present on our Ranger for our US-spec sports bar. Personally it made me wonder if Ford simply reused the sheet metal stamping from the international Ranger to save cost and only modified and/or created new sheet metal for sections for aesthetic or US/Canada regulatory purposes.

I actually found the whole thing interesting lol.
Sponsored