First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
So my rear view camera stopped working and I bought one from the dealer and replaced it. Camera works fine now but I lost the white active guidelines, the green/yellow/red lines, and the zoom function.

Reading through a lot of forums here and elsewhere around the internet I decided to try my hand at ForSCAN to fix and configure the camera.

I ran the Interconnect New Module Calibration (which does state when you start the calibration it is for when a rear camera is replaced) and the red/yellow/green lines returned but no active white lines or zoom function returned.

I have read more forums than I care to admit trying to figure this out but it seems like every one I read where someone figured it out they never say what they did to fix it and the thread dies months or years ago or the fix they say seems to be complete coincidence because either that module doesn't exist or isn't wrong in my build.

Does anyone know what calibration/configuration or modules to change/look into in ForSCAN to gain this functionality back? Really don't want to go pay the dealer to get the function back.
Sponsored

dapakattack

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
Colin,

When I changed out my 4 pin trailer harness to a 7 pin....I had disconnected my battery. After install and backing out of the garage I noticed that my camera guide lines and collision warning were not working. Drove it around the block...next time I started the truck those things were back working. Hope it is something as simple as that for you.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Not to be a smart ass, but did you read the Parking Aids - Rear View Camera section of the manual? It describes when the lines and zoom might be off.

OP
OP
CoJo

CoJo

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Not to be a smart ass, but did you read the Parking Aids - Rear View Camera section of the manual? It describes when the lines and zoom might be off.
Yes and they are turned on. I have even toggled them to see if that would reset which it doesn't.

OP
OP
CoJo

CoJo

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Colin,

When I changed out my 4 pin trailer harness to a 7 pin....I had disconnected my battery. After install and backing out of the garage I noticed that my camera guide lines and collision warning were not working. Drove it around the block...next time I started the truck those things were back working. Hope it is something as simple as that for you.
I tried to disconnect battery and let it all reset and have driven now for weeks with it still not working. Unfortunately not that simple. Dealer says it needs to be calibrated just can't seem to get ForSCAN to do it despite others saying they have.

OP
OP
CoJo

CoJo

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Ok I figured it out after even more searching and giving it another go.
Ran the Interconnect New Module Calibration in ForScan followed by a BCM service module reset. Main difference is I did it outside and not in my garage (found one comment buried on the ForScan forum that mentioned this). Everything is back to normal and made it through a couple key cycles still working so hopefully it sticks.
Sponsored