Rmk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021 /Daihatsu Materia
Occupation
Computer Service
Hello Everyone, New Ranger Raptor owner here,
I really appreciate for information that you have already added to this forum.

Yesterday i give 2021 ranger raptor to Auto Tuning Shop for rollbar(with lights) installation.
When i take my car back, i see the switch cable entrance is not like in this picture
Lightforce Switch Fascia and Wiring Thru Firewall
4 Wiring.jpg

They use another entrance Picture below
IMG_4459.jpg

presententry.jpeg

so i wonder

Did tuning shop made some mistake or if there is a rubber part for cable entrance, why someone drilling firewall cable entrance?

Should i do something about it?

Thank you
Sponsored

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Personally, I use that same grommet for running wire,, it keeps it separate from the main harness. Plus its high enough to keep it out of water. I still seal it and the harness though,just in case.

OP
OP

RMK

First Name
Rmk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021 /Daihatsu Materia
Occupation
Computer Service
Personally, I use that same grommet for running wire,, it keeps it separate from the main harness. Plus its high enough to keep it out of water. I still seal it and the harness though,just in case.
thanks for your reply i have searched many videos and picture, this rubber part is not there maybe there is a difference at left steering and right steering.

i feel better now. thanks.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for your reply i have searched many videos and picture, this rubber part is not there maybe there is a difference at left steering and right steering.

i feel better now. thanks.
HI RMK,

Alex is spot on...apply some sealant to the wiring grommet for safety backup. You should be okay. A minor cut out of the dash mat is of little if any affect on noise intrusion or heat intrusion.

Enjoy your new Raptor!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Magnetetic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Black Appearance Package, 1996 Ranger XLT, 2002 Toyota Sienna CE
Hello Everyone, New Ranger Raptor owner here,
I really appreciate for information that you have already added to this forum.

Yesterday i give 2021 ranger raptor to Auto Tuning Shop for rollbar(with lights) installation.
When i take my car back, i see the switch cable entrance is not like in this picture
Lightforce Switch Fascia and Wiring Thru Firewall
4 Wiring.jpg

They use another entrance Picture below
IMG_4459.jpg

presententry.jpeg

so i wonder

Did tuning shop made some mistake or if there is a rubber part for cable entrance, why someone drilling firewall cable entrance?

Should i do something about it?

Thank you
That grommet/plug looks like the perfect place for accessory light wiring. I briefly went outside and looked for it in my 2020. Looks like it is hidden both inside and outside with sound dampening but I know where to look when I get time. I haven't tried this but I read somewhere that you can drill through frozen rubber easily. I'm thinking I could pull out the grommet/plug, freeze it, then drill a correct size hole to match wire diameter for a clean wire install.
Sponsored