Ranger Raptor to be sold in UK for £40,000

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
News announced by Autoexpress:

Ford Performance revealed the crazy-looking Ford Ranger Raptor in February, but didn’t confirm whether it would be coming to the UK. Now Auto Express can reveal the performance pick-up will be arriving here early in 2019, priced from around £40,000.

Buoyed by the global reaction to the all-American F-150 Raptor, Ford of Britain had been lobbying hard for the Ranger Raptor to be sold on these shores. The Ranger is already the best-selling pick-up in the UK, so a performance version would appear to be a natural fit.

Ford of Britain is currently deciding whether to sell the Ranger Raptor at its flagship Ford Store showrooms or at its commercial vehicle dealerships. It’ll arrive in the UK early next year with prices starting from around £40,000.
Sponsored

FelixDaCat

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Cars, in general, are always so much more expensive in the UK. My guess is because of the petrol prices are higher than the gas prices in the US and on top of that, far less people drive. A friend of mine stayed in the UK 2 months last year and said he was shocked by the number of people who don't own cars.

With that being said, £40,000 is likely reasonable. Though that is roughly $52,000.

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver Mustang GT
Cars, in general, are always so much more expensive in the UK. My guess is because of the petrol prices are higher than the gas prices in the US and on top of that, far less people drive. A friend of mine stayed in the UK 2 months last year and said he was shocked by the number of people who don't own cars.

With that being said, £40,000 is likely reasonable. Though that is roughly $52,000.
That is probably right. I don't know anyone from there but I have visited and I can tell you, their gas prices make ours look laughable at times.

TMJ77

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JK
Occupation
IT
Who is to say this one won't have a hefty price tag in the US as well? I have not read anything confirmed as far as prices go for the RR but I know the bigger trucks tend to cost more as they are more powerful and better for off-road. They are more like a sports truck with labor tasking in mind than anything.

FelixDaCat

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
That is probably right. I don't know anyone from there but I have visited and I can tell you, their gas prices make ours look laughable at times.
I don't think people realize that in the UK, anything having to do with cars is more expensive because many people rely on public transportation too. A lot of people who live in like say, the London area, will have one car for an entire family. Here in the US, we see households with 2 to 5 cars depending on the ages and how many people live under one roof.

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver Mustang GT
I don't think people realize that in the UK, anything having to do with cars is more expensive because many people rely on public transportation too. A lot of people who live in like say, the London area, will have one car for an entire family. Here in the US, we see households with 2 to 5 cars depending on the ages and how many people live under one roof.
No they don't and trucks are known to be gas guzzlers so having a higher price tag just makes sense. They won't be selling as many in the UK as other locations.
Sponsored