First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
RCN
Anyone else install the Ford tri fold tonneau cover and have issues with it leaking into the bed? I can't find anything on the ford website that says it guarantees water tight?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Anyone else install the Ford tri fold tonneau cover and have issues with it leaking into the bed? I can't find anything on the ford website that says it guarantees water tight?

Thanks in advance
I think you'd be hard pressed to find even one tonneau manufacturer who guarantees 100% waterproof. I have a soft tonneau (Extang Trifecta 2.0 Signature Series) and haven't had any water seepage anywhere... stayed dry even during the aftermath of hurricane Ida that came through our area with torrential rains. I don't go through automatic car washes or use pressure wands, but with my hand washing the truck at home I've yet to see water in the bed from hosing with the hose nozzle.

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
Have the factory trifold soft cover. with Ida I had a bit of water seepage, but no great amount. (I also moved it a couple of times since I got the truck in July)

no manufacturer is going to put a guarntee into writing. as just moving the cover around could cause it to leak. Now if you have a steady spot from a specific hole that should be covered.

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR

Thanks in advance
I ordered my ’20 Lariat with the Tri-fold hard cover (BakFlip). It came installed from the factory. No leaks!

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Mine came with the factory ford badged tri-fold cover. Its not water tight, but it does a pretty damn good job. Stuff might get a little damp on the worst days. I think sealing the gap around the tailgate would mitigate most of the leakage I see on mine.

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
I put my Lomax on last weekend, looks great, but when its closed and your looking in the black hole there is way to much light coming from the factory corners on the bed (not from the cover)
I put some tape over the hole ls which was way bigger than the one on the RS (under the rail, at front of bed)
Sponsored