Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I didnt read all 5 pages.
When I saw illegal street racing, I lost interest. I won't support that behavior.
Innocent people get hurt and some die as a result.
Totally agree....
It's a truck and an SUV....racing to see who's faster....WHO CARES ???
If it's that important to you, take it to a sanctioned drag strip and race all you want.
When I was a deputy sheriff, I used to love catching racers...charged with reckless driving and street racing....lost license for a solid year and could never get insurance without paying super high rates.
From what I understand now, in certain locals, vehicle can be impounded, and sold. YEA !!!
Sponsored

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
I'll put the Jeep on the scales when I get back in town.

Generally, diesels are built a bit more stout/heavy. Additionally, there is extra weight from a turbo, piping, intercooler, DPF, etc. So the smaller displacement may not mean lesser weight (before the add-ons).

The WK1 SRT8 has the NAG1 transmission, which the exact transmission I have, however, mine was built in Germany with the Mercedes engine.
Since the Daimler take over and through the Fiat buy out Chrysler has been using German transmissions, which the ZF 8spd is a fantastic transmission minus it's little quirks I had with my WK2 Grand Cherokee. Depending on the manufacturer i believe most Diesel engines use a full cast iron block, I swear somebody used or attempted an aluminum block for a small Diesel four banger once. "Hemi" Engines use aluminum heads and internal parts, I think the block is still Iron. I know that in the now times a lighter spec casting tends to be used which is why there's a huge aftermarket for engines, reason why is if you bore out you run the risk of melting the cylinder walls due to lack of "meat" in the block. Also why the Hellcats are 6.2L opposed to the SRT which is a 6.4L, compression will blow the 6.4L off it's mounts and through the hood.

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Since the Daimler take over and through the Fiat buy out Chrysler has been using German transmissions, which the ZF 8spd is a fantastic transmission minus it's little quirks I had with my WK2 Grand Cherokee. Depending on the manufacturer i believe most Diesel engines use a full cast iron block, I swear somebody used or attempted an aluminum block for a small Diesel four banger once. "Hemi" Engines use aluminum heads and internal parts, I think the block is still Iron. I know that in the now times a lighter spec casting tends to be used which is why there's a huge aftermarket for engines, reason why is if you bore out you run the risk of melting the cylinder walls due to lack of "meat" in the block. Also why the Hellcats are 6.2L opposed to the SRT which is a 6.4L, compression will blow the 6.4L off it's mounts and through the hood.

My Jeep uses the OM642 Mercedes Sprinter engine. It's an aluminum block.

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the exhaust sounds like ass, its afe side exit turbo back. I’m going to get a custom titanium dual exhaust installed. Here in the future.
Did you get the titanium exhaust? I have been looking for one but unfortunately they only seem to be avaliable for the mustang and focus.

OP
OP
Floydean

Floydean

First Name
Floyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Occupation
Military
Did you get the titanium exhaust? I have been looking for one but unfortunately they only seem to be avaliable for the mustang and focus.
I have an OBX Catless down pipe and the mbrp side exit exhaust.

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I have an OBX Catless down pipe and the mbrp side exit exhaust.
Bummed that none of the Ranger exhausts are as aggressive sounding as the Tomei 2015-2022 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Expreme Ti Titanium Cat-Back Exhaust. It seems even the 2.3 bronco has more aggressive options.

OP
OP
Floydean

Floydean

First Name
Floyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Occupation
Military
Bummed that none of the Ranger exhausts are as aggressive sounding as the Tomei 2015-2022 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Expreme Ti Titanium Cat-Back Exhaust. It seems even the 2.3 bronco has more aggressive options.
I agree, I found a guy here in El Paso. That can do a full turbo back titanium exhaust. So when I get back from deployment imma get it done .
Sponsored