Ranger hauling some weight!

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
The reason there are safety factors and padding in the limits is because people disregard them, do whatever they want, and/or get into situations the vehicle wasn't designed for. And the truck still has to do its best to keep them safe regardless.
and because what the limit was on a new truck at the factory may change after you beat it up and it gets some corrosion and you changed the tires and leveled it a bit and tuned the engine and put on some wicked cool wheels and added a couple hundred pounds of skid plates and keep 250 pounds of crap in the back seat but don't actually weigh that and...
Sponsored

Deleted member 1634

and because what the limit was on a new truck at the factory may change after you beat it up and it gets some corrosion and you changed the tires and leveled it a bit and tuned the engine and put on some wicked cool wheels and added a couple hundred pounds of skid plates and keep 250 pounds of crap in the back seat but don't actually weigh that and...
Everything you mentioned I would consider either already damaging the vehicle (beating it up and corrosion) which would obviously lower it's limits, situations the vehicle may not be entirely designed for (bigger tires, engine tune, leveling), or not understanding/disregarding the actual limit of the vehicle (not accounting for added static weight). So you're right, yeah.

It sucks that engineering has basically become designing for the stupidest person.

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
Boys, boys...these trucks will take a lot more than what the sticker says; on that I overloaded my first Ranger with the lumber and plywood to build an 8x8 shed and drove it like that for 120 miles once, towed my brother's E-12 BMW on a car-carrier trailer for 5 miles...once...my second Ranger I hauled 1/2 yard of gravel for a friend of mine (bump stocks right on the axle)...once. Doing it on occasion is one thing, doing it daily is another thing. Steel will fatigue and eventually crack/break
Sponsored