First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019.5 Ford Ranger XLT CPR
Occupation
Retired LEO/Retired Military/Doctoral Student
Good luck! I also had to shut down some projects due to COVID. But then I repurposed some funding and existing data collection procedures to determine the impact of COVID on a range of variables. That might be harder in your case, as my subjects are children who - ideally - do not walk to other states. Also helps that I run my own department so no advisor to negotiate with. Everything becomes easier once you have the 'Dr.'!
Children, huh! “Assent” is what I remember. Actually my Advisor is pretty cool, 8 time finisher of Ironman. He runs the Human Performance Lab so he is paying for all the lab results. Planning on using Quest Labs in GA, VA, CT and ME. That in its self is $17K! Well, if you have any extra funding you need to divert…….
Sponsored

DrPep

First Name
Pepijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, VW Golf, Ranger, Indian Scout, Beta RRS
Occupation
Research
Children, huh! “Assent” is what I remember. Actually my Advisor is pretty cool, 8 time finisher of Ironman. He runs the Human Performance Lab so he is paying for all the lab results. Planning on using Quest Labs in GA, VA, CT and ME. That in its self is $17K! Well, if you have any extra funding you need to divert…….
I need to use all my funding up, otherwise I'll get less next time around. Unfortunately for you most of it comes with pretty strict limitations...

My supervisor was Irish (I went to school in the UK) and most of our meetings happened over a few pints of beer. Hard to imagine in the US. Good times.

OP
OP
SheepDogRain-Jar

SheepDogRain-Jar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019.5 Ford Ranger XLT CPR
Occupation
Retired LEO/Retired Military/Doctoral Student
I need to use all my funding up, otherwise I'll get less next time around. Unfortunately for you most of it comes with pretty strict limitations...

My supervisor was Irish (I went to school in the UK) and most of our meetings happened over a few pints of beer. Hard to imagine in the US. Good times.
Actually….,one day out of the blue I get a text picture of a six pack of beer, from him. Shipyard Pumpkin Ale had just come out. I asked him if that was an invite? Then the next week he took me up on hiking CT’s highest summit and brought them along for the post-hike hydration period. He’s a good guy, but I think he (tries to)keep it professional. I mean he still may need to drop the hammer on me, God knows I can talk/walk/run myself into a ton of sh*t!!

DrPep

First Name
Pepijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, VW Golf, Ranger, Indian Scout, Beta RRS
Occupation
Research
Actually….,one day out of the blue I get a text picture of a six pack of beer, from him. Shipyard Pumpkin Ale had just come out. I asked him if that was an invite? Then the next week he took me up on hiking CT’s highest summit and brought them along for the post-hike hydration period. He’s a good guy, but I think he (tries to)keep it professional. I mean he still may need to drop the hammer on me, God knows I can talk/walk/run myself into a ton of sh*t!!
Yeah the relationship is a fine balance. After your promotion it'll be different too. But it depends on the advisor and the field. Yours sounds pretty fun.
Sponsored