First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 LX Mustang hatch, 1995 XL Ranger, 2020 XLT Ranger FX4
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
After doing some research I decided to score a pair of PowerBuilt jacks to put the front of my 2020 FX4 in the air for an oil change and tire rotation, used the standard floor jack and jack stands for the rear. The PowerBuilt 6000 pounders fit perfect under the front jack points in the collapsed position with about an inch to spare and as you can see I put it in the air just enough (Yes I could've gone higher)to get the tires off and it also left me plenty of room to get the skid plate off and change the oil. Got mine off Amazon for $81.95 a piece with free shipping. There were a few reviews stating they were poorly made/ engineered but I didn't find that to be true, they worked perfect, glad I got them. Lift range is between 11 and 21 inches.

IMG_5209.jpeg

IMG_5210.jpeg

IMG_5211.jpeg

IMG_5212.jpeg
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
This reminds me I need to keep an eye out for some taller jack stands. I have the shortest ones from my lowered mustang days. I have aluminum 2.5 an 4 ton floor jacks. That one might be nice to carry in case of a flat tire.

OP
OP

Mike PD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 LX Mustang hatch, 1995 XL Ranger, 2020 XLT Ranger FX4
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
That's a great idea! Is your FX4 stock with no lift or leveling kit?
Its stock ride height, no leveling kit. I'd love to have the QuickJack 7000TLX but can't justify spending the $1,800+ to get it.
Sponsored