Prinsu Designs or Rhino Rack Backbone

HikingViking

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Besides the cost difference which rack is the better product? pros and cons?
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
It is hard to say, prinsu does not show a dynamic load capacity and Rino Rack has already been proven to have some issues with the mounting. Whether or not they still do it I know in the past they used to pop rivets to secure the backbone system to the roof of the vehicle. Now some may think that's okay but in reality it's not holding that much and can still come loose very easily. That's the last thing you need to have happened when you're going off road. They may have changed this recently but I am not 100% positive.

OP
OP

HikingViking

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
It is hard to say, prinsu does not show a dynamic load capacity and Rino Rack has already been proven to have some issues with the mounting. Whether or not they still do it I know in the past they used to pop rivets to secure the backbone system to the roof of the vehicle. Now some may think that's okay but in reality it's not holding that much and can still come loose very easily. That's the last thing you need to have happened when you're going off road. They may have changed this recently but I am not 100% positive.
I got confirmation from prinsu the static load capacity is close to that of the rhino rack 600-700 lbs. I ordered the prinsu rack as it does appear to have much better mounting. Thank you for the input!

scubasteve278

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Power System Operator
For what its worth, I find my Prinsu topper rack to be extremely versatile and in general I love it. Its pretty pricey for what it is, but its made really really well, install was easy and it has a very low profile. You wont regret the purchase

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Well even though the static load is nice you still need to know what the dynamoc load is. Why do I say this? Well static load is when the truck is just sitting there. Dynamic is when the truck is moving including going Offroad. I can guarantee it will be lower than static but when you are moving the load will put more stress on the rack and roof all together.
Sponsored