wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Yes, you can still get the diff hose and fittings for it. That's the one I have
Where do you get these different items? I’m looking to use a foam cannon.
Sponsored

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
A high pressure "foam cannon" will complete everything you need, for your pressure washer, to clean/wash/wax your Ranger;)
What he said. Once you go foam cannon, you’ll never go back.

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I use the Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss... best results. Harbour Freight Washer with the Chemical Guys Foam Cannon... now I changed the orifice of my foam cannon for a smaller one. Making it really foamy thick. All of which can be found on Amazon.

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I use the Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss... best results. Harbour Freight Washer with the Chemical Guys Foam Cannon... now I changed the orifice of my foam cannon for a smaller one. Making it really foamy thick. All of which can be found on Amazon.
Which harbor freight one? The electric Portland model? If so how did you connect the foam cannon?

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
So I ordered a foam canon from amazon and the 1.1mm reduced size orifice for more foam. Since I have a 1.2gpm electric pressure washer, the smaller orifice helps increase pressure and therefore foam.

hopefully we get some sunshine next week and I can take it for a spin.

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Their green machine, not sure of the brand. You need your hose and trigger to be compatible with the M22-14MM THREAD type connection fitting. I bought this trigger gun which connects directly to the factory hose, I also bought a 50' hose since the factory is only like 25'.

https://www.amazon.com/Twinkle-Star-Pressure-4-Color-Nozzles/dp/B01N6S5JR7/ref=sr_1_3?crid=61FNYQFWZI2Y&dchild=1&keywords=twinkle+star+pressure+washer+gun&qid=1587642206&sprefix=twinkle+star+pre,aps,174&sr=8-3
The little green one is the portland model, it's 1750 PSI and 1.3GPM. Did you find the hose and smaller orifice on amazon as well?

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the Lowe's Troy-Bilt in '10. Used it about once a year. Last year it just sat b/c I inherited an elect one from my late father in-law .
Anyhow, so yesterday I bring out the gas one and used it through about 3/4 tank of fuel. Then, it just went nuts!
This has a B&S 190cc 8.75 tq "professional" engine. That's a joke. Lost all compression. Ok, let's tear down and inspect.
Here's the joke. Briggs uses a plastic timing gear on the crank. The key way gets sheared, timing goes nuts, rpm's go redline, spins the governor/oil slinger so fast that it comes apart, and wipes out the cam. Also plastic.
The good part is parts are cheap and plentiful, and an easy fix. But this cost cutting in manufacturing these days, come on!!
Edit: Back up and running. The replacement timing gear is alloy rather than plastic. The cam is still plastic and so is the governor gear. But, this beats going out and buying another one. :like:

Last edited:

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Reason why I bought an electric one lol

larryalehman13

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Occupation
Product Manager
The Sun Joe SPX3000 is our best vehicle power washer for various reasons. For one thing, it has a 1,800-watt electric engine that conveys a weight of 2,030 PSI and a consistent water stream pace of 1.76 gallons every moment. What's more, the producer incorporated a wellbeing highlight as a Total Stop System (TSS) trigger, which naturally close off the siphon when your finger isn't on the trigger.

The fun doesn't end there, as the washer likewise accompanies five shower tips highlighting Quick-Connect innovation. This makes it simple to change the splash tips when you need to switch between light-, medium-, and substantial work. This Sun Joe model is additionally outfitted with two 0.9-liter locally available cleanser tanks for most extreme cleaning power. The back wheels make it simple to move around the washer on MRE.

In spite of the way that this washer is CSA-affirmed, it would be better on the off chance that it had a more grounded hose connector that is not inclined to spilling. That could represent a wellbeing issue in the event that you are utilizing it when it's connected to an electrical outlet. The spout additionally gets corroded after delayed use.

MyLittleRanger19

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Good Morning. Question: does this eliminate the need for hand washing with a sponge or whatever or is it just a high pressure rinse/soap application?

Thanks
No, in addition to - speeds the washing process up. Just use the "wash" foam to clean the vehicle, then with your mitt go over the applied foam. I also use it to apply an automotive degreaser like "clean slate" to my Ranger.
Amazon ~$16
One thing to note is if you're just doing a quick wash to get the dust off you can just hit it with the foam cannon, rinse and dry. There's so much dust out here that my trucks not full of bugs or road grime but just normal dust so this works great for that.

Another good thing is after you foam you can use that as your lube to clay with a clay towel or mitt. Just foam the truck and clay the area then wash with a mitt, this really speeds up the claying process. I've done it this way for years and as long as you're not in the sun you can clay and wash your truck in 1/2 the time.

I just received my new Trinova foam cannon and waiting for the pressure washer this week. When buying a foam cannon make sure you get one with a wide base and mouth. My old one was narrow and would always tip over and the wide mouth make pouring soap into it a lot easier and no need for a funnel. I had several commercial washers back east but sold everything with the business. I'm going cheap and simple this time with a Sun Joe electric washer and for $139.00 you can't beat the price and the reviews are good and it has a 2 year warranty, 3 years with my Capital One card. This should be fine for just washing the truck and I have no need to use it for anything else.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073FCV1ZC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/TriNova-Cann...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Sponsored